Dillashaw = BW Frankie Edgar

UFC136-Edgarvs.MaynardIII-11.FrankieEdgarvs.GrayMaynard.jpg

11_edgar_maynard17.jpg

that's 1....ok.

TJ has been a ko machine since being in the ufc

Uhm, no. Frankie basically goes into fights with the intention of trying to win on points & is generally awful to watch. Dillashaw dominates & still goes for blood. T.J. is a FIGHTER, Frankie is an athlete.

well seeing how the first fight between Frankie and BJ was a joke decision by the judges...i would disagree.

and TJ looked more like Dominick Cruz than Frankie.

I did say TJ won more convincingly and that the comparison between him and Frankie is pretty loose. I agree, he looked more like Cruz than Frankie and I thought of Cruz as well while watching the fight.

TJ mixes things up better and has more power. Most of the time Frankie is looking to box.

I did say TJ won more convincingly and that the comparison between him and Frankie is pretty loose. I agree, he looked more like Cruz than Frankie and I thought of Cruz as well while watching the fight.

reading your post made me think of sometime that made me chuckle. ready.....Take the pitter patter point style of Frankie, and the angles and footwork from TJ, and you get Cruz :icon_chee

reading your post made me think of sometime that made me chuckle. ready.....Take the pitter patter point style of Frankie, and the angles and footwork from TJ, and you get Cruz :icon_chee

Ha, I see it! To be fair to Frankie, he could probably cut to BW yet he fought most of his career at LW. Its hard to pack power in your punches when you're at such a size disadvantage. Some guys, like Hendo and Penn, just have that natural power that carries over into bigger weight classes but clearly Frankie isn't one of those guys.

Not at all, Edgar is a very straight forward in and out fighter with very little headmovent/feints. Always thought he was very overrated striking wise but I'll probably get flamed for that.

Except that Frankie COULD make 135, and would beat the living fuck out of TJ if he did that, but for some reason is against fighting guys his own size and prefers to cut little to no weight.

Uhm, no. Frankie basically goes into fights with the intention of trying to win on points & is generally awful to watch. Dillashaw dominates & still goes for blood. T.J. is a FIGHTER, Frankie is an athlete.

You never go full retard kids. This fool just said frankie edgar isn't a fighter. Clearly you haven't watched him fight, and beat guys much bigger than him for his entire career. If he cut weight like Bendo he would have been 135 this whole time and would have absolutely destroyed Barao, Dillashaw, Cruz, Faber, or whoever they put in front of him. Edgar is on another level. He could beat the 155, 145, and 135 champs right now if he is on his game. Just wait, Fe has a lot left in the tank. This time off to do TUF is going to do wonders for him.

Those are similarities a lot of fighters possess. Edgar's wrestling is a lot better imo.

Imagine TJ taking down Bendo and Maynard consistently.

TJ might be the better striker though. He's more dangerous with his strikes and I think he has the footwork to keep up with Edgar. Who knows how Edgar does against a guy like that because he's used to a big speed advantage.

Back