Dillashaw basically fought like Dominick Cruz...

Cruz throws nothing to hurt people. Dillashaw does. That in and of itself warrants a 'no'

TJ was using his movement to avoid damage, confuse his opponent and then PLANT and throw power when he saw the right opportunity.

I can't remember Cruz throwing power. He danced and slapped and never planted to throw bombs. He wasn't doing damage to guys.

Dillashaw fought like Cruz, if Cruz had any kind of killer instinct.

TJ was absolutely incredible, loved every second of that performance. Can't wait to see his first title defence.

That was one of the first things I noticed and pointed out to a friend early in the fight. Much of Dillashaw's style was very reminiscent of Cruz. Obviously not identical, but a lot of similarities.

Dillashaw > Cruz. His movement is even better. He gets in and out and cuts angles so damn quickly its beautiful. Dillashaw made me some green last night

No one can fight just like Dom. But he tried to replicate, that's for sure.

Dillashaw > Cruz. His movement is even better.

tumblr_mbt1tlKTl11qe97k6.gif

Cruz coming off of multiple surgeries on a leg which would be targettable by Barao, and also having 2+ years of ring rust is why most don't like the fight for Cruz.

It was a more entertaining, aggressive, and powerful version of Cruz's style.

How the fuck was that fighting like Cruz? Way more aggressive and he actually finished the fight.

Anyone who thought he moved like Cruz needs to watch a Cruz fight.

Not even close IMO.

Dillashaw = Cruz 2.0 with punching power

How the fuck was that fighting like Cruz? Way more aggressive and he actually finished the fight.

I think TC should reword the title of the thread.... I think he meant TJ used similar footwork and strikes from weird angles.

he didn't do it the whole fight like Dominick does it...but for spurts in the fight TJ moved just like him. In and out...like he was dancing.

Cruz was and is the 1 true bantamweight champ, Barao is lucky Faber chokes in championship fights otherwise his resume would have resembled the contents of my hefty bag.

Definitely looked a lot like Cruz, took a lot from Cruz's style.

Back