Digital Photo Manipulation Software

mantronix

Blue Belt
Reaction score
First, is it possible to take a picture of someones' back yard and then superimpose something like a badass landscaping job and then possibly show the progression of growth over the years?
Secondly, what would be a good program that an idiot could effectively use that does that?

photshop_4dummies.jpg

I suck at shoopin' though.

Can shoops be professional? My lack of skills would probably make what I am trying to do look cartooney and stupid.

Can shoops be professional? My lack of skills would probably make what I am trying to do look cartooney and stupid.

Are you asking if PhotoShop can be used to do professional level work?

There's a reason that software is so expensive.

It's like Excel, 99% of people use less than 1% of what it can do.

^^ haha so true. I met an acquaintance once who does nothing but support Excel. He's banking 6 figures but thought that was weird, I chimed in on how I like to keep the spectrum of the "support" game abroad to play with new things/challenges & he went off on a tirade on how "deep" Excel is.

Are you asking if PhotoShop can be used to do professional level work?

There's a reason that software is so expensive.

It's like Excel, 99% of people use less than 1% of what it can do.

You're right. Same with hardware.

For someone basic, GIMP can probably do enough rather than shelling out the $$$ for Photoshop.

^^ haha so true. I met an acquaintance once who does nothing but support Excel. He's banking 6 figures but thought that was weird, I chimed in on how I like to keep the spectrum of the "support" game abroad to play with new things/challenges & he went off in a tirade on how "deep" Excel is.

I use numbers(mac's excel) and it's a poor man's excel and is still is a whole 'nother world.

^^ seriously. I still have trouble altering y values to increments of my liking when making graphs.

I haven't mowed my back lawn in a couple of weeks. Make it pretty for me. Progression is an optional extra.

I have GIMP, Paint.net, Adobe Photoshop, and Paint Shop Pro installed on here. All quality photo editing software if you ask me.

Back