Diffrence between american and dutch kickboxing

Thanks for your opinions. At least I know that some of you had read it :) It wasn't my ambition to create a "wikipedia" but rather to present my point of view. jtwarwagon, In case of Cung Le you don't agree that he has a TKD background or that he doesn't have wrestling skills?

PS: And yes, the post about top fighters is messy. I wanted to create two separate posts: one about best Muay Thai practitioners in the UFC and one about the /most influential Muay Thai fighters - which is obviously not the same. I will correct it in the future. Thanks

Thanks for your opinions. At least I know that some of you have read it :) It wasn't my ambition to create a "wikipedia" but rather to present my point of view. jtwarwagon, In case of Cung Le you don't agree that he has a TKD background or that he doesn't have wrestling skills?

PS: And yes, the post about top fighters is messy. I wanted to create two separate posts: one about best Muay Thai practitioners in the UFC and one about the /most influential Muay Thai fighters - which is obviously not the same. I will correct it in the future. Thanks
I always knew people like you existed, but no one would believe me.

jtwarwagon4life , could you be more constructive with your criticism? argumentum ad hominem takes us nowhere really. thanks

Snubnoze707: no, I'm not trolling you - I simply replied to D1511 post. I've got better things to do than trolling :-]

Last edited:
Cung Le was a pretty decent amateur wrestler as a kid and he has plenty of sanshou and kb experience. He is far away from "pure tkd striker with no wrestling skills" :|

Snubnoze707: no, I'm not trolling you - I simply replied to D1511 post. I've got better things to do than trolling :-]
So then why is the information that you are providing so horrifically inaccurate. I mean, even just a simple wiki research shuts down that paragraph I responded to.

-Cung Le fought Frank Shamrock, not Ken. (I was there live BTW)
-Cung Le didn't just have TKD training, he started Sanda at 19.
-Cung Le started wrestling at age 14

Your whole website is full of inaccurate BS that wasn't researched.

he was a tkd champ and high school state wrestling champ before starting to fight sanda/san shou. there are many interviews were he talks about this

Cung Le was a pretty decent amateur wrestler as a kid and he has plenty of sanshou and kb experience. He is far away from "pure tkd striker with no wrestling skills" :|

I watched many of his MMA fights and I didn't see him utilising his wrestling skills. Is there a pro fight video in which he showed his wrestling skills?

Last edited:
So then why is the information that you are providing so horrifically inaccurate. I mean, even just a simple wiki research shuts down that paragraph I responded to.

-Cung Le fought Frank Shamrock, not Ken. (I was there live BTW)
-Cung Le didn't just have TKD training, he started Sanda at 19.
-Cung Le started wrestling at age 14

Your whole website is full of inaccurate BS that wasn't researched.

You're right, that was Frank not Ken. My bad
And no, Cung Le does have a TDK background and I only commented on his pro fights and not what he was doing as a kid. I haven't noticed him using those wrestling skills in the cage/octagon but I saw him throwing a plenty of TDK kicks.
So yes, instead of looking into wikipedia I watched his pro fights and made my mind about his style by myself

You're right, that was Frank not Ken. My bad
And no, Cung Le does have a TDK background and I only commented on his pro fights and not what he was doing as a kid. I haven't noticed him using those wrestling skills in the cage/octagon but I saw him throwing a plenty of TDK kicks.
So yes, instead of looking into wikipedia I watched his pro fights and made my mind about his style by myself
So you decided to just ignore his whole professional Sanshou career, where most of his fight experience came from?

He did use plenty of wrestling but as defense, obviously he wasn't looking to go to the ground with anyone given his limited BJJ experience. He was also given mostly favorable matchups with guys that would stand and trade with him.

Cute wiki comment, but that was more an offering to you since you struggle with facts. I've seen Cung fight live in person 3 times, including his MMA debut.

So you decided to just ignore his whole professional Sanshou career, where most of his fight experience came from?

He did use plenty of wrestling but as defense, obviously he wasn't looking to go to the ground with anyone given his limited BJJ experience. He was also given mostly favorable matchups with guys that would stand and trade with him.

Cute wiki comment, but that was more an offering to you since you struggle with facts. I've seen Cung fight live in person 3 times, including his MMA debut.

I haven't decided to ignore nothing, I just simply commented on his professional career in MMA. If you take a closer look you'll probably notice that I mentioned him in 3 sentences. If I was about to write a full post about Cung Le it would be more rich in content. Just point me to a video where his shows his wrestling skills in the octagon and I'll consider editing it.

I haven't decided to ignore nothing, I just simply commented on his professional career in MMA. If you take a closer look you'll probably notice that I mentioned him in 3 sentences. If I was about to write a full post about Cung Le it would be more rich in content. Just point me to a video where his shows his wrestling skills in the octagon and I'll consider editing it.
No, I'm not going to do more homework for you. You said "without wrestling skills" which is clearly debunked given his clear wrestling background. The fact that he managed to remain standing in almost every MMA fight that he had is a testament to his take down defence, as well as favorable matchups which I already pointed out. Do you think his TKD background is what kept him on his feet?

This guy posted his stuff on reddit and got lit up in the comments. He's pretty much impossible to talk to, so I wouldn't bother.

When it comes to international muay thai scene, Spike (Rafael) is clearly just a casual fan, who still needs a lot to learn (but refuses to do so). I mean not to mention Shogun or JJ, he has Jordan Watson in his top 10 muay thai fighter lol (probably b/c he is also from U.K.)
If you want people to take your website seriously, then you need to actually do your research.
This is not high school, so no one is going to spoon-feed you everything.

Check out his Sanda fights, he ragdolls guys with wrestling. He had an excellent synthesis of freestyle and Chinese wrestling.

Back