Differences???

ObsceneJester

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was looking through the grocery store today and saw some protein powders there that said it had 20g's of protein ..2lbs for 12 bucks.. then looking on the GNC website and saw some for $40 with 20g's of protein for 2 lbs ..

I was wondering what is the difference between the generic and the name brand? Is the $12 dollar one have actual 20 grams of protein per serving? Why shouldn't I go with the Generic if it has 20gs as well with the GNC's models?

Oh and another thing.. is those Snickers Marathon protein bars any good..? do they do the job?

Thanks Sherdgo

The Snickers Marathon bars have alot of sugar for a protein bar, but otherwise they're alright.

The thing to remember about Grocery Store prices is they do not make their money selling protein. They can afford to sell things for near wholesale cost because they have the volume.

Usually though, products are cheap for a reason. When something is WAY cheap, you can be sacrificing quality for cost-efficiency.

I bought the protein bars from snickers.. very good with the 26g's of protein.. and they do have like 15 grams of sugar.. which I'll be looking for something else after I finish what I bought

The ones I saw from the grocery store was called 'Body Fortress' and I was wondering if that was ok? It is 2 lbs Vanilla with 20 grams of protein..

I was wondering Kabuki if you or anyother Sherdogger would tell me if that product (body fortress) is worth getting.. or should I move on to the 100% Performace Whey Protein from GNC..

Thanks Kabuki and others for the help

Those protein bars give me harsh gas! The detour bars taste pretty good though and I don't find them too chalky!

I was wondering Kabuki if you or anyother Sherdogger would tell me if that product (body fortress) is worth getting.. or should I move on to the 100% Performace Whey Protein from GNC..

I've never heard of Body Fortress, but 20g of protein from whey is 20g of protein from whey, so it's not like that matters a whole lot. Even the Pro Performance from GNC is pretty generic, so this Body Fortress is probably even moreso. If you can stand the taste and it works, and your budget better-allows it, then there's not anything inherently wrong with it per se.

Sonny said:
Those protein bars give me harsh gas!

You and everybody else. The protein seems to go right through me. Good to much like two right before work so all can enjoy.

Brandinho said:
You and everybody else. The protein seems to go right through me. Good to much like two right before work so all can enjoy.

Yeah, my girfriend hates when I come home with a box of them. She knows she's in for a gassing!!

Just a little tip for buying protien powders, this may seem obvious but look at the serving size! For example, one powder may say 40 grams while the other only says 20, but the 40 gram serving size could be twice as many grams. They try to gyp ya like that lol

King Kabuki said:
I've never heard of Body Fortress, but 20g of protein from whey is 20g of protein from whey, so it's not like that matters a whole lot. Even the Pro Performance from GNC is pretty generic, so this Body Fortress is probably even moreso. If you can stand the taste and it works, and your budget better-allows it, then there's not anything inherently wrong with it per se.

I was wondering what is an affordable without going up to 100 bucks on protein? Also I thought I heard someone else say like the generic is like concentrated whey or something like that..

I mean the taste is fine, and it say 1 scoop = 20gs of protein along with many other things.. I just want to make sure that it's whey protein and it can help

Thanks Kabuki

Body Fortress worked okay for me, but I soon switched to ON, which worked better for me due to it being blended easier and tasting a bit better. Now, I saw the light that is Muscle Milk and will be a firm supporter of it.
The Body Fortess Creatine is a decent product though, and I still use it.

Yeah I use Body fortress whey protein and creatin, Ive found the chocolate actually tastes pretty good if you chuck in a banana and give it a good while in a blender to mix thoroughly.

Back