Difference in bell curves between men and women for IQ

Stats like this and also racial IQ stats are completely useless.

Why? Because this is just a general average and there is so much overlap you can't apply this generalization to an individual level.

There are very dumb women and men and very smart men and women. There are dumbass white people and dumbass black people. Dumbass Asian, Latino, *insert race/nationality.* Then there are genius or very smart accomplished people in all groups (i.e. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, MIchuo Kaku, etc)

So you still have to judge everyone individually.

I'd recommend reading The female Brain and The Male Brain by Louann Brizendine M.D.

Essentially the female brain is better wired for communication, while male brains are better wired for problem solving. I'd define problem solving as being able to solve problems, analyze data, reason in a rational way, like an Engineer or a scientist. or a a ceo who needs to improve productivity by a certain amount before the next set of Financial Statements come out, so share price doesn't go down.

Mensa is 130 and up, which is only 6 points higher than an average finance grad. I'd say that most CEO's are in the 130-140 or so range.

Problem solving could just as well come under social interaction of course in the more general defintion, a CEO is very often more a politican than a direct planner.

I would imagine the majority of CEO's are not finance grads as well, that's probably much more of a route into areas like trading and direct planning, experts used by the CEO.

Back