jletch

White Belt
Reaction score
Weight: 100kg (220lb)
Height: about 5' 10"
Diet: None
Exercise: Minimal...

Goal Weight: 78kg

New to MMA started training JuiJitsu and MuayThai before finances and an injury put a holt to it only 2 weeks into MuayThai and 4 into JJ. Im now healthy and have a little extra cash to start training one of them (im still deciding).

Question: I want to lose the weight and increase my fitness, no time limit, but i want to keep it off. I lost 15 kilos in a couple of weeks but it didnt seem to stay off and i ballooned up when i stopped exercising. At the moment my food intake could be healthier however I am at a stable weight and trying to cut back on my eating.

I have a weight bench at home, and a bike. I really want to get back into shape, but Im finding it incredibly hard to find the motivation to actually do anything and seem to be just sitting at home alot lately. I dont work and i am studying, well im supposed to be lol.

Any advice would be appreciated, recommended exercises, basic training sched, tips on motivation....

Thanks Guys, Look forward to hearing fromn you guys I have read some excellent advice on other topics.

Motivation is simply a case of how bad do you want it?

If you want the results bad enough, you'll put in the effort.

Too many people say "oh I want to be lean and fit and healthy but I just don't have the motivation".

If you want it, you'll do it.

^^^/End of thread.

Thanks... Thanks for your seemingly useless advice.

Yes, I am lazy. Yes, I lack motivation. Thank you again for clarifying what I already covered in my post.

I want advice, tips, stories of anyone that has been in a similar situation.

I am studying, unemployed and finances are low and have a 7yr old daughter. I find in increasingly difficult to focus on myself and train the way I want to as I have so much stuff, including stress, going on in my life now that has resulted in me becoming lazier than usual and letting myself slip.

I dont want your sympathy, but I would like someone to act like a human being and give me some input that is different to shit that I have already said myself.

Hey...I went through the same shit. unemployed...2 kids (7 year old & 2 year old). I also lost the motivation to work out. I was stressed out like a mo-fo. Also, on the verge of getting kicked out of my apt. However...I noticed how lazy I was becoming...smoking cigs again and I just didnt want to go down that lazy unhealthy road. I dont know what did it...but I basically forced myself to workout. I started off small...doing crunches...pushups, burpess, things like that. Elliptical. So try just doing those little things and you'll get back into gear. I know it sucks dude but focus on your studies and find a job. That is priority right now. It doesnt mean that you cant work out though. Once you are financially better...you will be less stressed and can focus on bigger workouts. I know how drained you can get when you have all this pressure. All you do is just think of how to get out of the situation and drain yourslef so much that you have no feeling to workout. But working out helps with the stress so dont worry too much about lifting hard...start small, get yourself out of the pickle and you'll hit it harder once its over.

GL!

Ziltoid, thanks heaps.

I went to the local gym this morning and signed up for a membership as I know the manager and got a good deal (at 8 dollars a week cheaper than it usually is) . I used to have one but finances and injuries stopped me from returning then i just lost it altogether.

I am also trying to sell my motorbike as I dont have the time or finances to keep it, and once I do I have allocated some of the money towards some MMA training at a local club. Can't wait for that.

ajcrewmisfit, thanks i bookmarked it and will check out that thread when i have a bit of time.

I don't imagine this will help, but I like to substitute the word "wantpower" for "willpower." In other words, not doing what you set out to do doesn't actually make you weak; it just means there are other issues in your life that, for whatever reason, you value more. It could be that you don't want to lose the time with your child, for example. Who knows?
And I don't mean to sound all high and mighty here. I have the same problem, although my demon is alcohol. I don't consider myself an "alcoholic," and I'm not sure if there even is such a thing. I can't speak for others, but to me, drinking is something I rationally choose to do, even if it is ultimately self-destructive.
For example, today was a "good" day: I picked up my car keys with the intention of going to the liquor store. I stopped myself, though, and reminded myself how it would make me feel like garbage once I came down. I think you can analyze many of life's situations like that.
Sorry, I seem to have rambled a bit.

Start out small and build

Don't go out full throttle from the get go. You'll find it too hard and loose motivation

Back