Diet leading up to a tournament (BJJ)

KillerTKO

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Basically im entering my first BJJ tourney in a few weeks and i was hoping people could give me some tips on my diet. I know all about the usual stuff, plenty of greens, rice and chicken/fish being good options with protein shakes and smaller meals but 6 a day etc. Im looking at maintaining weight, im 5 ft 7 and about 75kg's or 165lbs roughly.

Is there any specific types of food you would recommend over and above or instead of this basic diet regime to give me as much out of myself come time to go. Is pasta a no go until maybe the night before or not at all and just take some energy drinks and bars with me for after the weigh in?

Any help from those who do this regular is appreciated

Cheers

I'm sure you'll get some good advice here, but as for me when I competed in my first tournament, I did nothing out of the ordinary the morning of or the night before. Got a healthy meal just like any other day, took my protein shake, and performed with the same energy I always do.

Whatever you want to do leading up to is fine I'm sure, but I wouldn't try anything too drastic the morning of or else you'll be regretting it. Good luck.

Back