Diesellek Aooddonmuang - Kick Technique

Yodsanan

K'FESTA.1
@red
Reaction score
Came across some video of the Nak Muay Hair Goat vs. Petboonchu showing some interresting Kick technique i never really seen in a Muay Thai Fight and thought thats the right place to discuss it.

at 1:22 ; 1:59 ; 2:44 ; 2:51 - 3:00 to name just a few.

Looks like some crescent kick with the heel to the leg. Ever trained a technique like this?

Haha, Wang, Saenchai's pad man at Sinbi use to do that to him all the time.

LOL that's a common technique used in Kyokushin Karate in knockdown karate tournaments - it's a legit technique & can be very painful when done repeatedly.

In Kyokushin we call it Gedan soto kakato geri - it's done with the heel with the aim being to hit the front quad muscle - it doesn't look painful but when you eat a few of them it's definitely painful - I can say that with some experience lol.

Surprised to see it being used in Muay Thai - wouldn't be surprised if the technique is found in Muay Boran - pretty effective.

Love it!
You go around the front so it can't be block with the shin.
Kicking under the agressor's leg would be one painfull counter but who drills counter kicks with shin kick?

When I clinch sometimes, I try to get lead leg behind people and heel kick calf.

reminds me of old school Royce Gracie with the heel to the back.

btw, i dont know what the announcer is saying but it was putting me to sleep.

I like to throw the Chasse kick taught in savate this be fun to mix in with it!

reminds me of old school Royce Gracie with the heel to the back.

btw, i dont know what the announcer is saying but it was putting me to sleep.

It's that old guy Ssomethingortheother.

Guy's a major promoter since days gone by but goddamn if he doesn't have to drone on and on , on every cd you could every buy.
Somebody needs to shut him up in a room and throw peanuts at him.

Looks like a taekwondo hook kick. I dislike it personally, maybe because we cant do them to the leg.

Back