Diego Sanchez vs. Damien Maia

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
I really like this fight for both guys.

In Diego’s case, it is a fight that hopefully is limited in giving him CTE. He is a great grappler, and this is probably his biggest possible fight without much risk.

The same can be said for an aging Maia.

I predict Diego wins by decision.

I really like this fight for both guys.

In Diego’s case, it is a fight that hopefully is limited in giving him CTE. He is a great grappler, and this is probably his biggest possible fight without much risk.

The same can be said for an aging Maia.

I predict Diego wins by decision.

In what universe

Maia likely beats him at this stage of their careers.

He is a little too big and strong, and has deteriorated less than Sanchez at this stage imo.

TS is dealing with more brain damage than Diego himself

That would have been a mismatch. Just because Maia lost to the last three WW champs who happened to be stylistic night mare match ups for him, doesn't mean he should be fighting guys like Sanchez.

Maia likely beats him at this stage of their careers.

He is a little too big and strong, and has deteriorated less than Sanchez at this stage imo.
Likely is an understatement...

I could give up bacon for good if that fight happened and Diego won. I wouldn’t even need to win anything to make that bet. And I fucking love bacon!

<{dayum}>

I have a hard time imagining even the best version of Diego being able to amount to much against Maia. The same guy that sparked Riggs and rolled hard with Diaz was also dominated and smothered by Fitch and Kos. I could see that version of Diego pulling a Marquardt on Maia, but almost any scenario I run through in my head, ends with him being terribly outclassed by Maia on the ground.

Back