Diego Ferreira??? The guy seems pretty solid.

colorado

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Any future for Ferreira? He is short of a BJJ version of khabib, an ok striker with high pace forward pressure. I know he isn’t at that level yet, but who knows!!! I like the guy, speaks good English and seems really chill! Wish the best

It has to be now because he is 35 years old. They better throw him against a real contender soon. Winner of Lee vs Olivera is a good idea for him.

Any future for Ferreira? He is short of a BJJ version of khabib, an ok striker with high pace forward pressure. I know he isn’t at that level yet, but who knows!!! I like the guy, speaks good English and seems really chill! Wish the best
At best a lesser version of RDA. Plus dude is 35 ...

I agree, that push off the cage to bring Pettis down was great , I’d like to see him against a prime fighter next.

It has to be now because he is 35 years old. They better throw him against a real contender soon. Winner of Lee vs Olivera is a good idea for him.

I'd like to see him Oliveira that'd be wicked.

Needs to improve his striking game, or he might get killed by more powerful strikers. He has a good chin, but he still gets hit too much and has been slept before. If he can mostly use his BJJ in future game plans, and avoid these brawls he likes getting into, he would be a solid 5-10 at 155 I think.

Blew out his ACL might never be the same again.......
Theres no maybe involved

You arent the same again. It's a life changing injury.

Shogun, gsp, and Cruz came back from it. I cant think of any other big names. And all 3 of those guys came back and looked good once or twice... never consistantly again

I guess he could have a few good wins, but honestly Pettis is a shelf of his former self, any top 5 LW destroys Ferreira.

Theres no maybe involved

Shogun, gsp, and Cruz came back from it. I cant think of any other big names. And all 3 of those guys came back and looked good once or twice... never consistantly again

Conor and Khabib too I believe.

Needs to improve his striking game, or he might get killed by more powerful strikers. He has a good chin, but he still gets hit too much and has been slept before. If he can mostly use his BJJ in future game plans, and avoid these brawls he likes getting into, he would be a solid 5-10 at 155 I think.

IIrc he outstruck Taisumov on the feet wich was pretty impressive.

Really good fighter, very wooden and awkward on the embedded episode I saw. Like hands in pocket grinning at the sky dad.

Theres no maybe involved

ACL tears are difficult to recover from (I've gone through it myself), but countless athletes across all major sports have come back and performed as good or better than before.

IIrc he outstruck Taisumov on the feet wich was pretty impressive.
Yeah that was impressive for sure, and that dude has KO power that CDF was able to stand tall against, but still think guys like Felder, Hooker, Poirier, Gaethje all finish him if he keeps it on the feet too long. Just my opninion, for the most part I think he's an impressive fighter, not sure how much he can still improve being 35 though and he'll need to improve to ever sniff that 155 title

His performance was extremely impressive. As someone pointed out, he's 35 so I think that the UFC needs to move his career along quicker than normal

ACL tears are difficult to recover from (I've gone through it myself), but countless athletes across all major sports have come back and performed as good or better than before.

Yep Shoguns not a great example as hes never been the most dedicated anyways. Gsp and Cruz pretty much retired after.

Huge difference between a minor tear or what Cruz and Rua went through
Small tear, full tear, they still replace the whole thing. The difference is Rua and Cruz re-teared their ACLs a few times.

Back