Did you notice any change or difference after JDS got knocked down?

MMAATHLETE

Fan of MMA before there were fans of MMA
Reaction score
JDS started the fight slow as if it were a lumpinee match. Cain on the other hand took off like a bull, Cain was using some VERY different head movement to get inside and seemed to throw jds off a bit THEN not long after when they were mixing it up cain got that early knock down. After that JDS looked like he was just coasting the fight until possibly the 4th 5th round he showed a few decent half assed combos but not the JDS type punches he is known for.

Looking forward to the rubber match. I think I will be more excited for that bout than this one that just took place.

I got JDS in that one as of now.

JDS started the fight slow as if it were a lumpinee match. Cain on the other hand took off like a bull, Cain was using some VERY different head movement to get inside and seemed to throw jds off a bit

you mean constantly shooting for takedowns?

That punch definitely changed the momentum of the fight. I think Cain does the same thing in a rubber match though.

JDS was slowly sliding off the cliff, and when Cain knocked him down, Junior basically free fell and hit the ground as a human puddle.

It was weird. It was like he was less peppy after getting punched really hard.

i daresay everyone did. that one punch about 2 or 3 minutes in changed everything.

JDS was slowly sliding off the cliff, and when Cain knocked him down, Junior basically free fell and hit the ground as a human puddle.

Pretty much. It was the nail in the coffin.

If it hadn't happened, maybe JDS would have been able to strike back with Cain after Cain lost some of his endurance, but we'll never know.

of course, he was hurt and was trying to recover, but never fully got back into the fight

of course.

Jds was looking great at the start. stopping the takedowns.

but it lookd fukn tiring... and i knew he wouldnt be able to stop those takedowns forever and keep his cardio for 5 rounds, so i was thinking, he better knock cain out.

then cain hits jds with that right, and then suddenly jds lost most of his energy and skills

He looked wobbly, dazed and slow to react after got clipped

JDS started way too defensive. And by the end of the 1st round Cain was clearly the fresher man when he busted an already-fading Junior to the ground, after that it was a walk in the park...
JDS can't defend a takedown, walk away and let Cain do it again everytime. He'll need to focus on punishing Cain's fail attempts to do better in the rubber match.

I think JDS will come back better, he had a string of wins and this lose can give him a new fire. He should be smarter to come out faster and be more focused with better takedown defense if he is smart.:cool:

That punch definitely changed the momentum of the fight. I think Cain does the same thing in a rubber match though.

Yeah he was already feeling it and the fight was changing. At first I thought JDS looked great stuffing every takedown and getting up from one fairly easily. I thought Cain was fucked but he kept pushing and pushing and Junior started to break quickly. Then that punch sealed it.

Oh my god yes. JDS looked like he was drunk until the 5th round. He was falling all over the place, his TDD completely vanished.

Amazing performance by Cain. But I believe there's a strong chance JDS takes the belt back in a rubber match.

JDS started way too defensive. And by the end of the 1st round Cain was clearly the fresher man when he busted an already-fading Junior to the ground, after that it was a walk in the park...
JDS can't defend a takedown, walk away and let Cain do it again everytime. He'll need to focus on punishing Cain's fail attempts to do better in the rubber match.

good point about the failled attempts

Yup that was his biggest mistake. Just walking away from him instead of turning up some offence.

That punch alone only took him out for the rest of the round, it was the continuing barrage of punches that kept him from recovering and thus he was stuck in zombie mode because of Cains concussive maintenance.. around the end of round 3 can had punched himself out but he has good cardio and took almost no damage so he continued to out class JDS

i liked Cains adjustments in the standup, not to mention the constant threat of the takedown making JDS drop his hands.. i think JDS will make the right adjustments and should be able to make it a good fight next time around.

Yeah he was already feeling it and the fight was changing. At first I thought JDS looked great stuffing every takedown and getting up from one fairly easily. I thought Cain was fucked but he kept pushing and pushing and Junior started to break quickly. Then that punch sealed it.

Yeah, I was wanting Cain to win, and I got amped after the first takedown. Then Junior shot back up, and Cain's takedowns were reminding me of Tito vs Lyoto, so I thought the end might very well be coming for Velasquez.

Then, like you said, Cain just kept charging in suicide-mode, and Junior couldn't hang, and he started panting and trying to reset to catch his breath, then Cain landed the punch, and the deed was done.

I think both guys had an adrenaline dump after that first takedown, but Cain just recovered while Junior never did. The punch could be a big reason. Amazing fight either way.

I think JDS will come back better, he had a string of wins and this lose can give him a new fire. He should be smarter to come out faster and be more focused with better takedown defense if he is smart.:cool:

His takedown defence was pretty decent but Cain was just relentless with them. I am almost certain that JDS will fight his way back to a rubber match.

Back