• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you guys have an anger issue?

RowdyLesnar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A period where you're just angry at everybody else and I'm not talking about when you were a teenager but when you're adult.

I've been there and looking back I regret the things the way I handled mostly because of poor communication. I was just angry on everyone and rarely I find a peace in my mind. Thank goodness that I managed to get my shit done and fix myself.

If I'm on a cycle I can get pretty quick tempered. Also if I get pretty pissed about everything if I'm cutting.

Anger stems from fear. Knowing that doesn’t do much good on its own but if you can practically apply the concept to daily every life and everytime you get angry you just ask yourself objectively what it is you’re afraid it makes it a lot easier to see it for what it is. Not much issues as an adult because of how angry and crazy I was as a teenager. Now I’m just easily agitated, bitter, and shut off when shit bothers me. Not much better but at least those things don’t get you arrested.

Yes I am known to be as fierce as hippopotamus when i get angry

Yes I remember my teenage phase, I look back and glad nobody ever really kicked my ass like I deserved

As an adult I do remember some bad periods, mostly due to my ex

I'm german so anger is my steady companion when its about some Details.

Overall and on the greater sight im relaxed like an indian cow.

I'm not easy to get angry, one have to do some extreme fuck up to get me actual willing to beat up that person

Even as teen when i had plenty of fights i was basically never the one to start them, and the rare rare times i did, was still the other side to blame

I never road rage, i'm the friendliest happy drunk, if in my 20s/30s people at club wanted to fight me i talked my way out everytime i could even if i was'nt afraid

I'm revengeful af though, if somethimg bad is done to me i need to pay it back at least equal to feel ok

Last edited:
As a kid I was very temperamental and same with my 20s, I've mellowed out since having kids.

Sure, when I was younger I used to blame everyone else for my mistakes. Never thought things were my fault. As I’ve gotten older and wiser I’ve realized I’m one of the most flawed people I know; kind of humbling.

Yeah.

I can relate to having anger management issues. I was a really crappy boyfriend to my ex. I never used to be like that, but she was a covert passive aggressive narcissist, and she used to get turned on by me getting angry at her.

She used to tease it out of me through obstructionism, underhanded sabotage, feigning ignorance and innocence, manipulation, false promises, etc. It would drive me to the point of insanity, and it didn't help that I was experiencing all of these external stressors in the other areas of my life.

We had a strong sexual connection. We would break up and make up; constantly priming the pump. I was young, I didn't have strong male role models growing up, and I had delusions of grandeur.

I later realized that I was drawn to the relationship because it offered me opportunities to act out unresolved childhood traumas. As bad as she was, I can acknowledge that it wasn't completely her fault.

I managed to break the sadomasochistic trauma bond, and I have been doing a lot of better with mastering my emotional intelligence since then.

I owned my BS and I dedicated myself to conquering the enemy within so that I didn't put myself through that situation again. I knew that if I got in to another relationship like that, I probably wouldn't survive it.

I now give guidance to guys at times I wish someone had been there for me. Some people get pissed, because they feel like I foist advice on to them. However, I would rather lose a friendship telling the truth than propping up someone else's BS. I know where that can lead you (prison, homeless, murdered, asylum, health crises, suicide, etc).

I used to be bad. It takes some effort but you can grow past it, and its worth it in every way

a friend of mines wife described me as the angriest person she'd ever met. but I'm pretty old now, and what used to set me off,just makes me smile and shrug.

I'm sober 6 years. And I find my anger is less controllable the longer I go sober? It's weird. I'll quickly tell people where to go. And if someone looks like they are looking for confrontation I'll gladly call them out and meet them in the middle. I look for confrontation more. I don't know what to make of it. I really do find it concerning.

Yep. I actually considered diving into buddhism after seeing that recent thread on here. Anger controls me to a great extent. I hate my life and I'm absolutely fed up with everything, which results in me having a paper thin fuse. At the drop of a hat, I'm 100% ready and willing to be with ALL the bullshit if someone irritates me.

I actually kind of owe a coworker an apology because last week I went N.U.C.L.E.A.R on him and he wasnt expecting it at all.

Back