Did Velasquez imply that Jones will fight DC next.

BlancoDiablo828

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Velasquez: "He(Jones) has a lot of work to do in his division right now. He had Glover (Teixeira), and now he has

Last edited:
if it happens then no doubt boney jones is ducking but until then idk

I can't make up my mind between thinking that on some level, jones is seeking to duck gus or if he is trying to create some intrigue by waffling on signing the contract. Cause the latter that seems like something the troll jones incarnation would do.

For some reason I have a feeling he's gonna get "injured"in the near future. DC calling for an interim title is just too odd to overlook. It reminded me of the situation in which Hendo got hurt and Sonnen offered his services before the injury was even reported. I'm not saying DC is a wizard or anything. Maybe he just anticipates Jones getting "injured" and so he spoke up.

Last edited:
I still think Gus vs Jones will happen....

If anything, the drama happening right now adds more excitement for the fight.

DC and Gus should have to fight each other for number contender anyways.

I am kind of thinking the same.

I doubt it, hell face him eventually or the guy that beat Gus so

Here's what's going to happen:

Jones somehow manages to book DC.
DC gets injured, Gustafsson replaces him.
Jones gets "injured".

It's definitely looking like a small power-struggle between UFC brass and Jones. I don't think fighters should get to choose who they fight. Least of all a fighter whose already declined one opponent, resulting in a cancellation of a whole event.

Guys who always step up to the plate? Sure, you could give them some leeway with their opponents.

It's inevitable that Jones is going to sign on to fight Gus. I have a funny feeling that shortly afterward he will suffer an undisclosed injury. At which point, one of two things happens. Gus vs DC for number 1 contender or Gus vs DC for the interim LHW title. DC calling for an interim title match, was foreshadowing.

i hope you are not right, but jones will do that on purpose

Jones was just talking shit about how DC doesn't deserve the shot, now all of the sudden he wants to fight him. Now he's stating he doesnt want to fight Gus because he already won. Nothing wrong with being scared of losing but damn, just come out and say you want the easier fight. I personally think DC is a worse matchup but Jones doesn't seem to

I mean, I know they eventually have to fight. I just don't understand why he is being so evasive about it.

didnt DC suffer some kind of knee injury right before the hendo fight that might require surgery?

if JBJ gets injured that title is gonna be on ice for a while.

Why does he need to give Gus another chance .....just because it was close? I would rather see him fight DC. or Dc fights Gus and the winner fights jones. How can Jones be ducking anyone? Hes gonna eventually have to fight both of these guys sooner or later.

Why does he need to give Gus another chance .....just because it was close? I would rather see him fight DC. or Dc fights Gus and the winner fights jones. How can Jones be ducking anyone? Hes gonna eventually have to fight both of these guys sooner or later.

Don't do it man. You know damn well what's about to happen now that you said that. I may as well shut this thread down. Cause discussing the original topic just went the way of the dinosaurs and paul walker. Eff it. Its your funeral, brah. Cause they are about to come at you like crazed ninjas. Good Luck.

Back