Did TJ Dillashaw bathe himself in Dominick Cruz footage?

Takamine86

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Seriously, he was looking a lot like Cruz last night. Like Cruz but with KO power.

Seriously, he was looking a lot like Cruz last night. Like Cruz but with KO power.

Which was the real difference for me and why I don't think last night shows Cruz would have been favoured. A lot of the reason why Dilashaw's movement was so effective was because he had the power to punish Barao whenever he looked to chase him.

That was IMHO a far superior display to anything I'v seen from Cruz, one of the best kickboxing displays I'v seen in MMA.

He wasn't cutting angles quite like the Dominator but his footwork did look great.

It was really cool when Barao tried that front kick and TJ side stepped it and attacked from Barao's right before the kick was even finished.

Barao just looked so slow after the bomb landed. He never recovered.

Which was the real difference for me and why I don't think last night shows Cruz would have been favoured. A lot of the reason why Dilashaw's movement was so effective was because he had the power to punish Barao whenever he looked to chase him.

That was IMHO a far superior display to anything I'v seen from Cruz, one of the best kickboxing displays I'v seen in MMA.

Agreed. I wasn't implying Cruz could do the same. Barao beats Cruz IMHO. I just found it interesting that a guy from Team Alpha Male was fighting almost exactly like Dominick Cruz, as if he studied him.

Very much so... Which is why I felt like Cruz would beat him.

The tough part is that I feel like Faber would too... Dat reach though.

Faber has everything to beat Barao... 'cept those couple inches of reach.

He wasn't cutting angles quite like the Dominator but his footwork did look great.

It was really cool when Barao tried that front kick and TJ side stepped it and attacked from Barao's right before the kick was even finished.

Barao just looked so slow after the bomb landed. He never recovered.

I swear at one point Dillashaw did Scorpion from Mortal Kombat's teleport punch.

it wasnt even just his footwork, dominick has 2 signature moes

1-he dips his head and then when they lean with him, he throws an uppercut
2-he dips his head and then when they lean away from the uppercut, he thorws a lhk

both of those attacks were money for killashaw lol

people didnt believe me, prime cruz wouldve won...

I swear at one point Dillashaw did Scorpion from Mortal Kombat's teleport punch.

Haha. He did that like 2-3 times. TJ was so fucking fast and evasive that he was almost behind Barao when he started countering. One time was off a spin kick.

Haha. He did that like 2-3 times. TJ was so fucking fast and evasive that he was almost behind Barao when he started countering. One time was off a spin kick.

He was f'ing teleporting.

Obv most guys dont have TJs speed but im surprised more guys dont counter attack those spin kicks more

I thought the same thing. Every time renan threw a spinning back kick. TJ was somehow behind him.

Because Barao was pretty much done after the knockdown. He was at half speed the rest of the fight which at 135 is a death sentence.

Back