Did the UFC not counter-program Bellator because...

Honestly did anyone really see Bellator PPV doing much more then low in the low 100K's for buyrates? Counter programming only accomplishes bringing more attention to the Bellator PPV.

UFC has enough shows they are doing they dont need to worry about what Bellator is doing.

And Fox airs live sports so they arent gonna run an old UFC on Sat night instead of live programming.

I'm convinced FOX Sports doesn't give a shit to help UFC counterprogram anything.

At first I was wondering why they didn't counter program against the Bellator PPV but then started to think that maybe the UFC wanted to see just how it would do on it's own. It's a good measure of their potential threat to see how many PPV views they can sell without any counter programming.

Was there an actual reason they didn't program against it?

In the end, with the Chandler/Alvarez fight gone, how many people are really going to buy the PPV just to see Rampage vs King Mo?

Everyone buying the card.

You think they would put in the effort to counter Bellator given the sheer volume of cards they put out?

As far as Dana is concerned Bellator is not real competition. .. or so he claims. Either way Fox is not a station that will circumvent their normal programming for the UFC.

Honestly did anyone really see Bellator PPV doing much more then low in the low 100K's for buyrates? Counter programming only accomplishes bringing more attention to the Bellator PPV.

the aldo and renan headlined ppv did less than 200k

i would have guessed that if alvarez and chandler were still fighting it would still do 125k at most. probably in the 80k range

Because Dana, Lorenzo, and Joe Silva wanted to sit and watch Alvarez vs. Chandler 3 in peace.

tbh they dont need to, not that alvarez is out

sure bellator MAY sell ppvs off rampage and tito, but to what end

rampage vs mo-both of these guys are old, covered in injuries and damn close to retirement, bellator cant build on them

shlemenko vs tito-if tito wins, they lose a champion. if the champ wins, then so what, tito is like 1-7-1 since 2006. it wont make him into a star

they were hoping to use tito and rampage to help make eddie and chandler into stars. now it cant really do much for them, maybe build MVP? lol

The UFC counter programming another MMA org at this point makes no sense to me. But what do I know.

I honestly don't think this card will do well at all. Rampage is a bit of a draw from his past but honestly, look at his UFC career from 2010 to 2013. He won twice in 6 fights, both of them fairly mediocre decisions and one of them was the incredibly contentious decision over Machida (the other was Hamill). At one point I really liked Rampage but I have seriously turned on him, he talked a bunch of shit then couldn't back it up.

Then for their co main event they have their MW champ moving up to LHW to fight Tito, who after beating Shamrock twice, has gone on to amass a record of 1-7-1. I think they are taking a huge risk by letting one of their champions fight a guy with a recent record like that.

Then we have Chandler vs Brooks, which I believe will be a very good fight but could ruin the potential value of Chandler vs Alverez 3.

The HW final is a smart fight to put on here but it really holds no drawing power and I;ve never even heard of the guys in the 5th fight.

I think they would have had trouble convincing people to buy this card even with the Alverez-Chandler fight, and without it I think they are in big trouble.

The UFC started on PPV, then they started giving people a taste with televised prelims and eventually free televised cards. Bellator has been free the whole time. I've never had to pay for a Bellator card and I've become accustomed to this, it will take quite a lot for me to pay for their content, and honestly, this card will not be the one that makes me pay for Bellator content.

Back