Did Jones made enough money to not make a living for the rest of his life?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
If so, he shouldn't worry about the maximum ban. Other than crushing his ego, he should be fine.

Cocaine habits can get expensive man

Eh depends on his spending habits. I mean worst case scenario he could probably fight in Japan.

Dude likes to party and has alimony expenses looming over the horizon. He probably has a lot of money, but paper burns fast when you turn up the heat.

I don't think he did.

Like seriously, how much money did he have in the bank after a almost 2 years out of the cage?

Yeah, he earned 500k against DC, but 100k of that will be taken back after the fine.

Someone in his position cannot live forever off of a million or two and who even knows if he has that much in the bank.

He's made 5X more in one fight than most Americans will ever see in their entire life

His reported payout including PPV points+ live gate for UFC 214 was around $10 mil

And even if he comes back in 4 years, he'll still be the best in the world and would still draw 600k+ PPV buys
10 mil? Forreal?

I thought that was McGregor money in the UFC lol

If he was savvy and smart with his money? Absolutely.

However, not only are prize fighters notorioursly bad with their money, but Jones has probably made the worst continuous life decisions of a prize fighter since Mike Tyson.

So, no, and I'm not sure how much would be enough for someone with poor decision making skills like Jones. Tyson was once worth somewhere around 300 million. Worth somewhere in the ballpark of 3 now.

Hes said in interviews hes taken care of financially and his kids.... And really how much do you need. Sure California or New York are expensive as f+ck but generally, a few million, 3-4 is mooore than enough to live a VERY comfortable life and never working again. And he has a few times that.

Doesnt really matter. Cocaine habit + lawyer fees =

giphy.webp

If he was savvy and smart with his money? Absolutely.

However, not only are prize fighters notorioursly bad with their money, but Jones has probably made the worst continuous life decisions of a prize fighter since Mike Tyson.

So, no, and I'm not sure how much would be enough for someone with poor decision making skills like Jones. Tyson was once worth somewhere around 300 million. Worth somewhere in the ballpark of 3 now.

Did not Holyfield also had to fight bums because he was broke after earning more then 100Mio in boxing?

Getting larges sums of money within a short time frame is not AT ALL the same as making them over the course of a normal human lifespan. 99% of people will spend tons more than they normally would, and think they can afford it too - which they really can't. And Jon Jones doesn't seem like the smart, calculating type that budgets and saves for a rainy day to me, sorry. Plus, what fighters get paid and what they end up taking home is two very different things. I seriously doubt he'll be able to live comfortably for the rest of his life on what he's made so far.

If he has any ounce of intelligence, he should be fine for life.

If he has some shitty habits, who knows.

He is going to need to fight to earn a living somewhere. Sadly it will no longer be about his legacy. Just money.

Depends how smart he is/was with it. Taxes, managers, child support, drugs, cars, lawyers are all very draining on the bank account. That being said, with millions from fighting plus sponsorship money, he should have been able to be okay if he had invested, but something tells me he's not that type of guy. Don't forget, lots of people win over a hundred million in the lottery but don't know how to be rich and end up bankrupt. Happens to NFL and NBA players rather frequently.

jones has so much money invested in hookers, coke, and drag racing ventures. he'll be fine. they'll be paying ridiculous dividends once he can crack the code.

Wait till DC sues his ass.

wouldnt pay him a dime if he taught next door to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BackagainBert
Back