Did I hear that right that Aubin-Mercier and Sims had 3 sig. strikes?!?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
3 significant strikes in 3 rounds total?!?!

I don't know much about Olivier other than he seemed like a boring grinder from the TUF season. However his record shows almost all submissions so I might be confusing him for that boring grinder from TUF from the weight class above him.

But is it possible to have an MMA "fight" with 3 strikes? Weird. Is Olivier generally considering an exicting submission grappler?

How do they actually distinguish between a significant strike and a non-significant strike?

How do they actually distinguish between a significant strike and a non-significant strike?

Think of it like having sex with a beautiful female, once it goes "in", that's a significant strike, anything around the outside and such is a non significant strike . And usually after 3 significant strikes, I'm done

Think of it like having sex with a beautiful female, once it goes "in", that's a significant strike, anything around the outside and such is a non significant strike . And usually after 3 significant strikes, I'm done

Great now I'm horny.

Also Sig strikes are generally more clean and more noticeable.

That is correct, he landed 3 sig strikes but 76 total strikes

All he really did all fight was prevent a fight from happening.

That is correct, he landed 3 sig strikes but 76 total strikes

ahhh, OK. Well that sounds a little better. I'm assuming though the non significant strikes were basically pitter patter ground strikes.

sig strike is anything but a jab.

A significant strike is something that Michael Bisping throws, and doesn't hurt anyone.

Octagon Control is when Michael Bisping surprises his opponent with a sudden TD, and then either the opponent escapes immediately and/or Bisping shows no interest in pursuing the fight on the ground.

It wasn't the most exciting fight but Olivier's top control is great. He just kept going to a body triangle RNC that was ineffective.
And by the end of the fight he looked seriously gassed while Sims was OK.

Olivier has potential buy needs to work on GnP a la GSP if this is going to be his style. It was boring as F.

Aubin-mercier made Firas and Tristar proud

It is what it is. Mercier is a dominat grappler. He is going to try to take it to the ground every second of the fight. Its up to his opponent to keep the fight standing. He has a Jake Shields style. That dosent make a lot of mma fans happy.

even GSP haters will have to admit that he did more in his fights than OAM did last night.

Not too surprised, I believe there were only 18 significant strikes landed in Maia vs Fitch with a 2:1 difference in Maia's favor.

Jab-Donald-Cerrone-vs-Edson-Barboza.gif

ahhh, OK. Well that sounds a little better. I'm assuming though the non significant strikes were basically pitter patter ground strikes.

A significant strike according to Fightmetric is any strike that is landed at a distance, including jabs and leg kicks. Diego had 8 strikes total against Penn through 5 rounds.

A significant strike is something that Michael Bisping throws, and doesn't hurt anyone.

Octagon Control is when Michael Bisping surprises his opponent with a sudden TD, and then either the opponent escapes immediately and/or Bisping shows no interest in pursuing the fight on the ground.

So bisping fucked your girl

Back