• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did hendricks tap?!?

It looks like he tapped but it was missed...so it doesn't matter.

All that matters is who won and who lost, I am not a fan of either but GSP won - life goes on.

Johny's hero is actually Art Jimmerson. It has long been his dream to tap out due to simply being on his back.

Honestly, when I watched the fight live, I noticed it and for a second I thought it looked as if he tapped but the choke just started and Hendricks is tough so I thought I don't believe it. Rogan and the ref also didn't react so it was 99.99 % not a tap.

Not a tap.

The Jab and Prayer got his ass beat and got his paper belt, get over it.

I rewatched the fight and it looks like he actually did tap. Even when i watched it live i thought i saw it too, but just figured i mis saw it, but upon watching several times i think he may have.

This. I was also looking at GSPs hands as much as I could, and it looked like the choke was in, and he had his grip going nicely, it seemed a really weird spot to let go of the choke if he didn't think there was a tap. But if it was a tap then it still falls on GSP, keep going until the ref stops it.

Don't think Hendricks or anyone for that matter would tap that fast.

Honestly, when I watched the fight live, I noticed it and for a second I thought it looked as if he tapped but the choke just started and Hendricks is tough so I thought I don't believe it. Rogan and the ref also didn't react so it was 99.99 % not a tap.

And they are paid to call decisions, so obviously he didn't TAP, im glad this is sorted now, Rogan didn't call it, it wasn't a tap.

Yea it look like he was just about to tap than Gsp let go. If Gsp held on it would have been over

I can't see the tap and I'm sure if he did GSP would have said something in the fight and would certainly have said something after.

I'm watching the same thing and I didn't see him tap and Yamasaki was right there so I gotta give it to him that he didn't.

Try peeking around Johny's nutsack for a better view. He tapped after Georges let go... pretty sure he'll deny it to the bitter end so you can keep his poster up on your bedroom wall... and this is from a fan of his... at I was till he started with the 70% thing and posting pic's of his hands... douchebaggery at its worst.

Doesn't make sense to tap so quickly.. Why did GSP let go anyways?

Guys react differently when they feel the pressure from a sub... and even strikes too for that matter... Georges probably let it go since it was so early and didn't wanna blow his wad on a sub and opted for what felt like better positioning. It happens a lot... dunno why some guys are so surprised by this... you'd think they just started following this sport.

Lol, no. He was working to get up, which is difficult when there's a nearly 200 pound athlete trying to prevent you from doing that while cranking your neck. Forgive his arms for wavering as he was trying to get himself into a properly balanced position. People trying to do anything to feel like GSP actually wont that fight, sheesh.

A river, cry me it.

1. There was no tap. There's a movement of Hendricks' hand near GSP's thigh that almost looks like a tap, but GSP had already released the choke.

2. Since when does a champion relinquish a winning position to a single tap? And from an opponent, not the referee? Psh.

Back