Did Cormier ever hip throw any of his opponents?

Missing Link

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I can't remember.
He had plenty of easy opportunities in this fight I thought. When they clinch, JJ likes to control using his height by leaning over more than typical and pushing with his legs. This helps from getting taken down by single/double leg, but exposes him to a throw.

I can't remember.
He had plenty of easy opportunities in this fight I thought. When they clinch, JJ likes to control using his height by leaning over more than typical and pushing with his legs. This helps from getting taken down by single/double leg, but exposes him to a throw.

in terms of leverage a throw is one of the best options for the shorter fighter. only problem is they are far easier said that done in mma.

in terms of leverage a throw is one of the best options for the shorter fighter. only problem is they are far easier said that done in mma.

They may not be always easy, but it seemed they were plenty of instances in this fight, where they were much easier than going for a double-leg.

I wouldn't have risked Jones taking my back if I couldn't time it just right. Jones' hips and leverage is deceptively strong.

They may not be always easy, but it seemed they were plenty of instances in this fight, where they were much easier than going for a double-leg.

I thought the same, but you never know what was happening. It's a different story when you can actually feel how your opponent is shifting his weight.

Back