Did Conor McGregor go to Private School?

99% of schools in Ireland wear a uni-form. TS if you are trying to imply McGregor is posh you should maybe do a google search on Crumlin,Dublin (where he grew up)

Mr McPlumber doesn't sound like he went to any school

I don't listen to him that much but didn't he sort of tell the story of a rough childhood and the poor boy who made it in the UFC?
Kind of ridiculous if he went to a private school.
Like Cesar Gracie one time said how Nick and Nate were so poor and grew up in a house without a front door, then you see pics of them at home and they actually had a fucking pool.

No, he's from a working class background in the inner city, then moved out to a more quiet part of Dublin. The area he's from is rough and there's a lot of shootings in that one area because of two gangs that literally both sides live side by side. It's not as bad as it was.

He went to an Irish speaking, public school. I think people put across the rags to riches story on account that he was on welfare when he fought Brimage.

Conor's "from the rough streets of Ireland" story always makes me raise an eyebrow because I caught him lying about shit before (he used promote himself as a National Boxing champ in Ireland before people started realizing that there's no record of that being true).

I always figured he's one of those Ian McCall figures who happens to be from a middle class background but acts like working class/broken family street animal because of his scumbaggy nature and shitty life choices.

I have a co-worker from Ireland who told me that his neighborhood is actually pretty poor though.

Well, he won some national boxing title as a teenager. Conor's dad is/was a cab driver so I guess that would make him lower middle class. Add a few siblings and there's not a lot of money laying around.

Well, he won some national boxing title as a teenager. Conor's dad is/was a cab driver so I guess that would make him lower middle class. Add a few siblings and there's not a lot of money laying around.

I don't think he did.

He went to an Irish language medium school, although he can't have paid much attention, his Irish language interviews are fairly dire.

I had a South Korean friend in college and he didn't consider himself rich because his millionaire dad was struggling through the recession.

Same case with an Indian friend whose millionaire dad was also struggling through the recession.

Ian McCall would talk about his tough gang member childhood and then it turns out he was just a rich trouble-maker that did drugs with other rich douchebag teens lol

Rich kids are weird.

Fuckin aye.

How come? IIRC he showed a trophy in the Notorious documentary that he got for winning a national title or a tournament as a teenager.

I couldn't find a record of it.

It was mentioned on his wikipedia page once and the source that was referenced was his website... where the accomplishment was sourced with the wikipedia page.

Talk about the Cartesian circle lol

He won an underage Dublin Metropolitan title - which basically is boxers from Dublin who are too young to box outside of the area, I think.

I think it was Callen on a podcast who said he was a European Champion and an All Ireland Champion, which was the first I heard of that.

No, Conor went to Terminator school. Problem is he found out it was for killing bugs. So, he told Jose Aldo that he's nothing but a bug and it worked in 13 seconds.

would you Mcgregofags fuck off already!? Jesus... every second thread is Conor this, Conor that. Fuck!

My favourite Conor fight was Conor vs Aldo. That was amazing. My top 5 are:

Aldo
Diaz
Mendes
Poirier
Holloway

What is your favourite Conor victory? Also what is your favourite quote from him?

You don't know what the fuck I've been through
But I know something about you
You went to Cranbrook, that's a private school
What's the matter dawg, you embarrassed?
This guy's a gangster; his real name's Conor
And Conor lives at home with both parents
And Conor's parents have a real good marriage
This guy don't wanna battle, he's shook
'Cause ain't no such things as half-way crooks'
He's scared to death, he's scared to look
at his fucking yearbook, fuck Cranbrook.
latest
latest
latest
latest
emoji-transparent-background-for-pinterest-6yVpVz-clipart.png
latest
latest
latest
latest

I couldn't find a record of it.

It was mentioned on his wikipedia page once and the source that was referenced was his website... where the accomplishment was sourced with the wikipedia page.

Talk about the Cartesian circle lol

You need to let it go, brah.

Conor out struck someone who was vaunted by Rogan as having some of the best boxing in MMA and trained/trains with Andre Ward. The face don't lie. ;)

Most schools in Ireland require a uniform with shirt/tie. It's the norm.

He's from a working class background. That's not the same as poor though, working class people in Ireland can be comfortable financially. Especially during the 90s and early 00s.

He grew up in a rough area and moved somewhere nicer in his teens. It's all relative because a "rough area" in Dublin is pretty tame compared to Brazil or USA. Yeah there's drugs and the odd gangland murder where he grew up but it's not like some of the dangerous US cities where you can't sleep for gunshots every night.

Classic thread title, if nothing else.

No, he's from a working class background in the inner city, then moved out to a more quiet part of Dublin. The area he's from is rough and there's a lot of shootings in that one area because of two gangs that literally both sides live side by side. It's not as bad as it was.

He went to an Irish speaking, public school. I think people put across the rags to riches story on account that he was on welfare when he fought Brimage.
One gang is always after the other's Lucky Charms!

Back