Did Conor gas or did his leg give up?

That's just an excuse.. He didn't say anything like that when he beat Cerrone. Before this fight he said he had the best camp, the best weight cut..He expected Dustin to fold in the first round.. When it didn't happen he checked out because he knew he didn't have the cardio and his leg was jacked.

Fans are so used to hearing excuses from Conor that now they even look for them everywhere. I even see people saying that admitting his leg being compromised was an excuse now. WTF? People saw that in the fight so how can speaking the truth be an excuse? Dustin targeted his leg and it was a great gameplan.

Plus, I believe inactivity does make a difference. Why else do people always talk about ring rust? People don't learn things in easy wins. They learn things when they lose.

Conor shouldn't fight anymore, he got outclassed big time. He doesn't have that dog in him......
Defo wasn’t outclassed, looked like he hurt Poirier a few times and probably should have took a leaf from Poiriers book and poured it on then....it was however shocking that he wasn’t more prepared for the leg kick going into a fight with a southpaw, barely checked anyway you could see the welt on the leg it was massive

He looked too tired to counter those leg kicks or implement a plan for those kicks if he even had one. I’d love to see Tony slice him up with elbows in a five round match.

Both, but he used the leg as an excuse.

The punches Dustin dropped him were not even hard, connor just dropped and took the loss as he was gassed

Both. Gassed and calf kicks did the job. Plus Dustin started to make him miss a lot and the wrestling and clinch helped gas him out.

Fans are so used to hearing excuses from Conor that now they even look for them everywhere. I even see people saying that admitting his leg being compromised was an excuse now. WTF? People saw that in the fight so how can speaking the truth be an excuse? Dustin targeted his leg and it was a great gameplan.

Plus, I believe inactivity does make a difference. Why else do people always talk about ring rust? People don't learn things in easy wins. They learn things when they lose.

Not debating the leg got jacked.. What I am, saying is that when he pummeled Cerrone there was no talk of the layoff and that was almost twice as long.

I will also say watching the presser afterwards he gave all the credit to Dustin so good on him for that..

We will see what comes out later this week.. I would imagine there will be more excuses as he tried to cope with getting smashed.

Not debating the leg got jacked.. What I am, saying is that when he pummeled Cerrone there was no talk of the layoff and that was almost twice as long.

I will also say watching the presser afterwards he gave all the credit to Dustin so good on him for that..

We will see what comes out later this week.. I would imagine there will be more excuses as he tried to cope with getting smashed.

Yup. As I said, Conor does have a history of making excuses. I just didn't think what he said last night qualified. The Cerrone fight is what I meant about not learning from wins. When you're riding high you tend to think everything you do is perfect. It took this bad loss to realize that if he wants to be sharper, he has to actually fight more. The real question has always been if he fights more often against top competition, will he suffer more losses like this?

Not an excuse. Floyd is rich and was still fighting.
floyd is blessed with insane abilities and lives a very clean life as far as substances go, at least from what i have seen, conner does not

I don't think he lost due to his leg. didn't cause the knock out in any way.

Looked really sluggish few seconds before the finish, missed a bunch of punches but then landed one and Justin just took over and rocked the hell out of Conor who just stood there and let him unload.
He’s gassed in like every one of his losses. Nothing new.

his greatest performance was against Mendes

I would say neither. Canor mentally quits at the first sign of adversity. He was looking to be choked out once he got rocked. Good thing Dustin was expecting him to panic wrestle.

No concusive blows or anything like that just his leg was fucķed. Lol

He got his leg messed up, then he got tired, then he started to crumble, then he got knocked out

He did gas a bit, but after Poirer’s TD it looked like it took more out of Poirer than McGregor. In the second round it was very clear that his leg was completely gone and started throwing haymakers to try and land a KO because he realised he wouldn’t be able to move around like he usually does. His gas tank sucks but it was the leg kicks that forced him to move in a sluggish way resulting in him getting caught and knocked out.

Back