• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did Chandler choose to sit out all this time? Or was he sat out?

he's running on borrowed time and knows he would get fucked up if he took a fight, still getting blessed with a # 6 ranking despite going 2-3 in the ufc with his only two wins against the dead corpses of tony ferguson and dan hooker

he's running on borrowed time and knows he would get fucked up if he took a fight, still getting blessed with a # 6 ranking despite going 2-3 in the ufc with his only two wins against the dead corpses of tony ferguson and dan hooker
Will Brooks is calling for a trilogy, lol. I'm not sure what would happen. Brooks has a nice winning streak but mostly against nobodies. Both are 37. Of course the UFC would have to sign brooks which seems very unlikely.

1718685565817.png

My point is they structure their fighter agreements to prevent this type of payment
This is a special outlier sort of situation because it deals with Conor and they've already done TUF with them both. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC was giving Chandler money in a backroom behind the scenes type thing.

The man has a rare condition that makes him choke on his beard if his opponent had a full camp and is not from a lower weight class.

Is that why he gasses out after 35 seconds?

I don't know, I think there's some good winnable fights at 155/170 for Chandler vs ranked guys/big names that aren't extremely risky, but the fans would be stoked. RDA, Bobby Green, Paddy (yes, I know Green vs Paddy is already booked), Colby, Nick Diaz, Moicano to name a few. He just doesn't want anyone else but Conor.

Will Brooks is calling for a trilogy, lol. I'm not sure what would happen. Brooks has a nice winning streak but mostly against nobodies. Both are 37. Of course the UFC would have to sign brooks which seems very unlikely.

View attachment 1048486

Brooks as well as Eddie Alvarez would gladly take a short notice trilogy fight against Chandler

View attachment 1048486
Not surprising. At their current stage, Brooks and Eddie Alvarez would gladly take a short notice fight against Chandler in UFC for two hots and a cot.

He needs to rack up some quick fights. Hopefully makes it to another lucrative contract. And earn as much as he can.

Not surprising. At their current stage, Brooks and Eddie Alvarez would gladly take a short notice fight against Chandler in UFC for two hots and a cot.
Seeing Eddie hang with Perry in BKFC (the size difference was just a bit too much) makes me think he might give Chandler a good scrap. I don't see that happening, though. Maybe in the old UFC days of "one and done" fights (like Sakuraba fighting in Ultimate Japan but no other UFC events). It's too complex with contracts and competing orgs now.

He choose to sit out. Conor is massive a pay day for himself. He obvious feels that sitting out for one Conor match is worth more or very similar to fighting twice and winning twice. Probably the only fight he would've taken is a title shot against Islam and he would've only got that as late replacement.

Chandler is also on skid (since 2021 2-3)and knows another lost at LW he probably never sniffs a title shot again. Knows win against Conor and all the publicity that comes with that win he might be one fight from a title shot at LW or the number one choice as a late replacement in a title fight. Waiting for Conor makes a lot of sense for where Chandler is in his career.

Too desperate to fight an unreliable (at this point) has-been.

He's made a cunt out of himself, that's for sure.

Greed is good,
until the shit hit the fan

seriously, he should have fought on the card because he was ready
and will fight Conor when he is ready, which can be 6 to 12 months

Back