Did Brown show you championship level form tonight?

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
IMO he didn't show us anything we didn't already know about him. He is tough as hell and he keeps coming forward looking for the kill.

With that being said, Silva didn't offer any resistance after the first few minutes of the fight. I'm not sold that Brown has what it takes to win the belt. He needs to fight a top contender to give us a real gauge on what he is capable of.

Condit or Lombard would be my next choice for him..

He showed good heart and that he's tough as nails but a fight against an elite striker like Pettis who won't gas out will be bad for him.
But this is MMA and you never what will happen in a fight, didn't expect Silva to gas out so quickly.

Im just curious, how do you determine who is a championship level fighters and who is not? whats your basis?

He showed good heart and that he's tough as nails but a fight against an elite striker like Pettis who won't gas out will be bad for him.
But this is MMA and you never what will happen in a fight, didn't expect Silva to gas out so quickly.

Is Pettis moving up now? :icon_twis

He seems very hittable from southpaw IMO.

The only new thing he showed tonight was that bodyshots are his weakness.

One truth in this post, you never know what will happen. What we do currently know is that fighters (especially the champ) will fight in his weight class.

Im just curious, how do you determine who is a championship level fighters and who is not? whats your basis?

Exactly...good point.

Brown kept going and pushing the pace and was pretty impressive in his ability to keep such a relentless pace. Credit Silva for lasting as long as he actually did.

he's hella fun to watch, match him up with a top guy who's got a compatible style (Condit) and we'll find out

He showed championship heart, a respectable jiu-jitsu game, and his signature strength/endurance advantage.

I say give him a title eliminator match with one of the top 5.

Brown is exciting to watch, is winning his fights, and is a fan favorite, don't need any more reasons to grant title shots than that.

Whether or not he appears to have the skills and qualities to have a good chance at beating a guy like Hendricks. Right now I haven't seen anything from him that would make me think he is anything more than a huge underdog against Hendricks and the guys in the top 5.

He showed heart, and I was entertained.

Miss the old days, when it was just about two dudes getting in a cage, and finding out who was the better man.
People can't even just enjoy a good scrap, for what it is anymore.

Just because he doesn't fight as technical as Georges or condit, doesn't mean he's not champ material. Manny pacquiao doesn't look technical but we all know he's elite.

The only new thing he showed tonight was that bodyshots are his weakness.

About to say this. Every decent connection to the body made him react. But I dont care. Still want to see him challenge for a title.

Back