Did Baruto retire from MMA ?

cheesus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He hasn't fought since his loss to Cro Cop which was over two years ago now, I thought the guy had some potential. Massive, rather agile, good top control, decent cardio for a guy who weights 400lb+.

He got gay married is rasing a adopted daugther somewhere in kanegawa
F0D939C1-6DC6-4C46-96FC-319671E102C3.jpeg

Really sad too.

Baruto vs Bob "Rikishi Killa" Sapp would have been epic. Like a final-boss in Bob's sumo destroying career. Sapp vs Onarashi and Akebono as some of the most entertaining bouts in MMA history.

He got gay married is rasing a adopted daugther somewhere in kanegawa
View attachment 514007

Yeah actually hes straight and married to a girl and they have a son together.

He is though part of a LGBT themed live action drama in Japan based off of a manga.

Hes done with fighting.

He's a TV star now.

Baruto vs. Fedor would have been some vintage NYE.

lol at Baruto and potential

Not saying he would of been an elite contender but with size, speed and cardio he could of beat a lot of low to mid tier heavyweights and made a career in the sport.

Don't think he's officially retired, if Rizin wants to pay him stupid money to fight some old legend again maybe it will happen. But considering how he got bood in the Kosaka fight I wouldn't count ont it.

He was never seriously into it anyway. In interviews he called his MMA stint a hobby and amateur tier (though also admitted about daydreaming about the UFC). Like his first tweet after beating Fujita was cheering about not sustaining serious injuries. And as he's already rich, famous, proven himself in another sport and has a full time job being a celebrity in Japan he just lacks the hunger for it.

Damn, I wanted to see Baruto-Harumafuji on a RIZIN card!

nobody officially retires from MMA until they die.

He'll go down as the most successful sumo crossover there was, yet anyway...;)

He'll go down as the most successful sumo crossover there was, yet anyway...;)

Sadly yes. They should have him fight Akebono and than Osunaarashi for king of the MMA sumos.

Edit: Or have them fight each other and Baruto can be the final boss.

Kinda felt like he took a dive against cro cop and got paid good money.

But cro cop did knee him fucking hard so who knows.

Back