Did anyone else think it was weird...

ThatGuyJovi

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
that Vitor called for a rematch versus Jones instead of Anderson. He takes out the potential #1 MW contender, and he asks for another crack at the LHW gold. It makes some sense but I think a run at MW gold is more attainable since Vitor resides primarily in the MW division.

Coming from a huge Vitor fan for many many years now...he IS weird and crazy, especially after KO wins.

He also clearly belongs at MW.

BTW: I think it was more about trashing Sonnen than REALLY wanting the rematch.

Vitor is amazing, brutal KO

Guys he was doing that in case Sonnen gets injured, injuries are happening nonstop the past two years so he is doing the smart thing

People seem to forget how close Vitor was to beating Jon Jones!!!

If Sonnen does not get injured then he will fight Anderson most likely

Because Jones didn't do this to him:

Foot-Fetish-Level-MMA_o_139952.gif

It was kinda odd, especially the Chael hate.

ESPECIALLY when you consider the fact that LHW is filled to the brim with contenders right now:

-Chael Sonnen
-Dan Henderson
-Lyoto Machida
-Alexander Guss
-Mousasi
-Cormier

there's tons of people gunning for Jones

but Anderson? It was basically
-Bisping (if he beat Vitor)
-Weidman

other than that it was just superfights....

So Vitor actually stands a good chance of getting a fight with Anderson if he asks for it

Idk how the crowd would have reacted to him calling out Anderson lol.

ESPECIALLY when you consider the fact that LHW is filled to the brim with contenders right now:

-Chael Sonnen
-Dan Henderson
-Lyoto Machida
-Alexander Guss
-Mousasi
-Cormier

there's tons of people gunning for Jones

but Anderson? It was basically
-Bisping (if he beat Vitor)
-Weidman

other than that it was just superfights....

So Vitor actually stands a good chance of getting a fight with Anderson if he asks for it

That's what I was thinking. The MW division has a short line of contenders compared to the LHW division, yet Vitor calls for another shot at Jones while pissing on Chael.

No not weird just what he wants, wants Jones over Anderson for some reason.

That's what I was thinking. The MW division has a short line of contenders compared to the LHW division, yet Vitor calls for another shot at Jones while pissing on Chael.

IMO, pissing on Chael was his main goal.

that Vitor called for a rematch versus Jones instead of Anderson. He takes out the potential #1 MW contender, and he asks for another crack at the LHW gold. It makes some sense but I think a run at MW gold is more attainable since Vitor resides primarily in the MW division.

Probably because he nearly finished Jones.

I guess that makes more sense. He wants to fight Sonnen instead.

From what I've come to known about Vitor after all the years, he really takes the losses seriously and to heart, especially when he has trained well for the fights. So it's not out of the question that he would like to fight Jones again, I mean, we as fans think it's stupid, but he is a fighter and needs to believe in himself. BUT he also trashed Sonnen for quite some tme now and must know that he will not get another shot, he also talked more about Sonnen than Jones anyways.

As for Anderson, he wanted a rematch after the AJ and Akiyama fights, probably just did not want to call him out in Brazil. Plus Dana already said he will not get the shot even if he wins vs. Bisping, which dissapointed him.

Back