Did anyone else feel nostalgic about...

GranNaniwa

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
...the fact that Royce didn't tape his hands for this fight? This was completely overshadowed by the controversial ending, but in 2016 Royce still has the power to add special stipulations to his fights. That little detail kinda took me back to the days before unified rules and Reebok fight kits, when every Gracie fight had that special brand of Gracie shenanigans about it.

Fuck he looked old.

...the fact that Royce didn't tape his hands for this fight? This was completely overshadowed by the controversial ending, but in 2016 Royce still has the power to add special stipulations to his fights. That little detail kinda took me back to the days before unified rules and Reebok fight kits, when every Gracie fight had that special brand of Gracie shenanigans about it.

I get nostalgic about all kinds of cool things from old school MMA, but special rules for just the Gracies really isn't one of them.

I thought the gi would be cool, but then he didn't fight in it.

I think Gracie probably had a knife hidden in the seam of his trunks in case things went badly.

Last edited:
hmmm.... not sure if it was Gracie having the power to add special stipulations..... or simply the Texas Athletic Commission not giving a ***/ or being incompetent.

Still....a boss move though on Gracie's behalf.

Back