Diaz vs Conor is an awesome fight.

Team Sleep

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
People need to quit bitching and making predictions and just enjoy it. Nate is the dude that every Conor hater, myself included for sure, said Conor should be fighting if he went to 155lb in the first place.

The weight, the preparation, etc aren't important. Two dudes who clearly don't give a fuck at all about risk, or making sound decisions are going to start swinging their fists and feet at each other and trying to, by any means necessary, shut each others' brains off.

And with that...

Sherdog gonna always sherdog!! I for one have been pumped up for it the 2nd it got announced!!

Conor McGregor vs Nate f-n DIAZ =

1420.gif

Yeah, if he got more than 3 days to train.....

I'm more hyped now than RDA. RDA was not a needle mover at all
You prefer hype over a really really good fight?

Don't get me wrong, this could be a great fight, but RDA is a legit monster, and could very well embarrass Conor, whereas Nate's been beaten down like a dog 3x already. One guy being the guy that was supposed to fight Conor.

I don't find this fight remotely compelling given the circumstances. Conor by standing guillotine.

Yeah, if he got more than 3 days to train.....
Turn the fight down then. If you accept the fight, no excuse will suffice. The only excuses I want to hear are "I took a fight and the guy beat me."

Its a totally weird af kind of fight. Nate v Conor at 170lbs? lol

Im excited tho. Their styles are so different and Nate is so much longer but Conor steps up every time. Its a great fight.

Turn the fight down then. If you accept the fight, no excuse will suffice. The only excuses I want to hear are "I took a fight and the guy beat me."

This is probably the only way Nate would get this fight.

fun fight yes. stylistically not a hard matchup though. Khabib on short notice would have whooped him.

I'm more excited for this than RDA. Maybe it doesn't mean as much on paper but it's a much more fun clash of styles.

Being new to sherdog I'm amazed at how people let their allegiance and fandom get in the way of potentially epic fights. I have my favorite fighters but some of my favorite fights were when my favorite fighter lost. Chuck/Wanderlei is my best example. I'm pretty neutral on Diaz/McGregor. Leaning towards Diaz (as a far as rooting goes) because McGregors "Mayweather" act is getting really old. This is a great fight for the fans. I would think people on here would be appreciative of Nate taking the short notice fight and Conor willing to stay on the card. I'm pretty stoked anyway. Cheers to hoping for an instant classic.

im totally excited for this fight - more style wise than anything, should be a fun watch!

You prefer hype over a really really good fight?

Don't get me wrong, this could be a great fight, but RDA is a legit monster, and could very well embarrass Conor, whereas Nate's been beaten down like a dog 3x already. One guy being the guy that was supposed to fight Conor.
I don't think we'll get shorted on RDA/McGregor. Unfortunately, we have to wait a little longer. Diaz/McGregor has a lot of potential tho. Hopefully it delivers

I don't think we'll get shorted on RDA/McGregor. Unfortunately, we have to wait a little longer. Diaz/McGregor has a lot of potential tho. Hopefully it delivers

Yeah, I don't want a quick finish. Hopefully Nate can turn this into a classic.

Conor vs. Diaz is a really, really good fight.

Nah, it's a good fight. RDA/Conor is a really really good fight.

And under these circunstances, the fight could be over in 1 round.

People need to quit bitching and making predictions and just enjoy it. Nate is the dude that every Conor hater, myself included for sure, said Conor should be fighting if he went to 155lb in the first place.

The weight, the preparation, etc aren't important. Two dudes who clearly don't give a fuck at all about risk, or making sound decisions are going to start swinging their fists and feet at each other and trying to, by any means necessary, shut each others' brains off.

And with that...

I respectfully disagree. No matter how this fight goes there will always be the question of: "I wonder how that fight would have gone if Nate had a full camp"

I feel like this is a wasted fight because of that reason.

Back