DIAZ VERSUS MCGREGOR: PREPARATION AND ADAPTATION

^THIS! Nothing more to say.

Oh, wait. I made a little fun and summed up your fight experience:
Conny vs Also - 0:13 min
AS vs Weidman - 12:30 min (2 fights for about little over 6 min, I will give you that)
Jon Jones vs Rampage - 16:00 min
Ronda vs Holm 6:30 min

That´s a massive knowledge base of little over 35 minutes. You are the man.
Sarcasm off.
Maybe i'm not a hardcore fan like you. I'm new and i have a lot to learn about combat sports. Plus i hate boring shits like GSp, Maia and Shields. I like Conor and Whitakker for example

Maybe i'm not a hardcore fan like you. I'm new and i have a lot to learn about combat sports. Plus i hate boring shits like GSp, Maia and Shields. I like Conor and Whitakker for example

Yes you are right with that learning stuff.
First you should learn more about GSP. Mostly known as a striker in his early days and with ZERO wrestling experience he wrestlefucked guys like Hughes or Koscheck, gives strikers like Alves, Hardy or Condit a jab-clinic AND wrestlefucked them. He is a genius if it comes to a gameplan in the cage against the most fighters he has faced. And he faced, and beat, every contender in his division. He lost only twice and revenged both losses. And he has fought against 3 ACL´s as a champ what takes him a long time out of the game. But he always was coming back strong and beat the guys up.
I think he was one of the most complete fighters. Today? Nobody really knows that.

If you are already on your point "boring shits" you have to learn even more about mma. But its never to late.

Last edited:
This just makes me want the trilogy at 155 to happen sooner than later.

If they are 1-1, nate will have another money fight. Now, Nate doesn't want to fighting anyone but McGregor. Do you think someone threw the fight?

Yeah I'm sure Nate decided to have his face butchered to the point of being unrecognizable on purpose bro.

The shit casual fans say LOL

Finish > Majority "lol" Decision.

But that finish was on 10 days notice...If they both had a full camp both fights, and conor wasn't preparing to fight at 155 instead of 170, I'd totally agree with you...but I think alot played into conor losing that first fight...

Why would anyone care to read some article from last summer? Unless you're Jack Black, no one here should care.

I'm curious as to what you mean by the underlined above?

Kavanagh and SBG have always touted that they didn't gameplan or prepare for specific opponents, in fact it was a guiding philosophy until after the first Diaz fight.

Are you suggesting that Conor was in fact preparing for RDA? Or do you think that Kavanagh and Conor saying they never prepared for specific opponents was just hyperbole?

I actually always thought that this was a huge detriment to Kavanagh's approach to coaching fighters - maybe it was just talk though?

He was preparing for a 155lb fight...Not a 170lb fight...He was noticeably smoother in appearance, than he was against Eddie at 155lbs...so the weight conor put on didn't help his cardio...I meant more in terms of training to fight at a lighter weight class, more than opponent.

Back