Diaz v McGregor - No Contest?

Dragons Roar

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So with no fight lined up, there's a decent chance Nate has been around his favourite herb quite a lot recently.
If he was to beat Conor, and tested positive for metabolites after, would it become a no contest like Gomi/Diaz?

Not bashing or anything, an honest question I couldn't find an answer to.

If he beats Conor and fails his test for weed, I don't give a shit - he still won.

Second person to post this, are Conor fans now counting on a no contest? Has it come down to this?

Man you have been to a lot of events. You must have a lot of extra money or you have some type of hook up.

He has no chance to win...and he knows it, so it doesn't even matter.

They should have test results by the fight time this time. That way if Diaz pulls out the win Buffer can take out a secret card and go like "however still unbeaten Featherweight Champion .." and so on.

Not helpful so far guys,Any chance of an answer to the question ?

Like I said, I honestly don't know the answer. Tried searching and couldn't find anything. A link to the apparently numerous other threads would be fine. Thanks!

All silliness aside (which is a sherdog staple...), Nate has never tested positive for anything in any of his fights (unlike Nick). He aluded during the presser that he has known about this for awhile. On top of that he has almost 2 weeks before the fight to not smoke. You are allowed a certain level of metabolites in your bloodstream. I'm not a doctor but I think it's safe to assume that if he stopped entirely as soon as he got word, by fight time he would be fine. Weed is not illegal to smoke in his home state and while the expectation would be that he pass a drug test post fight and likely pre fight. Having him take a test the day the fight was announced and given it's short notice is pretty blatantly unfair. These guys typically have months to prepare for fights.

The question is, given the short notice for this fight, will they give him an immediate drug test (which he would probably fail) or wait until just prior to the fight when most of the metabolites would exit his system.

Back