Diaz Fans - Show me specifically where Diaz was "turning the fight around"

His second fight with Conor. Diaz got knocked down 3 times in that fight, and then he went on to make the fight close. Some people even think he won that fight.
Lesson 1: never try to beat a Diaz bro by headhunting them.

Do what RDA or Jorge did: either chop his legs off and wrestle him or brutalize the body and take the wind out of his sails.

It's just like asking Diaz fans to show me when he was winning multiple rounds against Condit by walking forward, running his mouth and eating strikes...

You know their answer

"Diaz 1, 2, 5"

Also GSP poisoned his water and Silva runned from him
Actually, Silvia really runned from him

There's this extremely dumb narrative that's been floating around since the fight that Diaz was starting to turn the fight around and how it was a travesty the fight got stopped.

Time stamped at round 3.

Diaz lands a couple of decent shots in some exchanges with Masvidal. That's it. Masvidal remained in full control and did much more damage to Diaz. The only difference is he didn't kick his ass as bad as he did in round 1 and 2. There was 1000% no evidence Diaz was "turning the fight around".

I think anyone making that argument is ridiculous. However, somebody with Diaz's cardio winning rounds 4/5 would not be out of pocket. Plenty of fights look waaaaay different in 1-3 than 4-5.

It was a small amount of Diaz fans who were saying it out of emotions. They were mad the fight got stopped for what seemed at the time something silly and they obviously dont want to see their guy getting beat up so thats why they played the narrative that Diaz was going to come back when there is no concrete hard evidence of this

I dont think they really mean it, they're probably just saying it out of emotion and bias

Melankomas of Caria was reportedly a boxer from ancient Greece was an undefeated Olympic champion who never threw a punch.
giphy.gif

the last round before the doctors called it, watch Masvidal get up and how heavy he is breathing, he cant even catch his breath for few minutes after the fight has been called...There wasnt a point at which Nate was doing something specific beyond trying to keep the pressure or a high pace, but Nate has never been a fast starter, the championship rounds are always key for all his wins and fights, yes he has lost 5 round fights, but the championship rounds are what fit his heavy pressure light power punches style.

Anyone who has avg cardio vs Nate will struggle, no matter their striking credentials, and that is the point that is being brought up, not that Nate was going to somehow karate kick Masvidal into another universe, but the momentum would of probably start to change and the fight would of looked a lot more competitive. It ended cuz of an idiotic doctor stoppage, and yes Nate was losing by a big margin, but being able to watch those last 2 rounds and see if Masvidal could have finished Nate, or what Nate could have done to try to turn it around, im sure those last 2 rounds would of been very entertaining.

I both agree and disagree.

When both opponents know how long the fight is, it is up to them to change their style to win the rounds they must win to... win the fight they signed up for.

Had Jorge known it was going to be a longer fight, he might have changed his output or strategy. One can’t assume he wouldn’t.

* Yes, Jorge looked to be slowing down, but that’s not proof of anything. It’s like Cub vs Kron. You must win the fight you signed up for. Nothing else really matters.

Prior to the end where Mas took him down

it was a very close round

Nate actually outlanded him in terms of clean strikes

In terms of trajectory, It was definitely a turn around.

the first and second were clear Masvidal rounds, prior to the end where Mas GNP'd, It was close.

He still lost the round, but the Diaz bros are known to be slow starters and get better as the fight goes on.

It was clear that Nate was the fresher fighter going into the 4th.

Given the trajectory, there's a good chance Nate would have come on stronger In the championship rounds and we would have ended with a more interesting and competitive result.

At the very least, It's worth running It back.

I wouldn't necessarly call myself a fan. I would say the same thing regardless.

That said, Masvidal fought exactly as you need to against the Diaz bro pressure syle. Which needs to be said.

Love the Diaz brothers but Nate's inactivity coupled with his skin that requires 30 stitches from paper cuts nowadays tells me he should hold out for one more mega payday against Conor and then retire.

He was not turning the fight around but he was in the fight. Problem is that we all wanted to see rounds 4 and 5 unfortunately we did not get to see those. Still it was pretty one sided fight so I don't see any reason for a second fight.

I like Nate and Masvidal. Nate was getting his ass whooped and was eating heavy body kicks. Round 3 was going a little better for him but I didn’t see any crazy momentum shift. Maybe he would have done better in rounds 4 and 5 but I would have been shocked if he managed to turn it around. Masvidal winning by ref stoppage was more likely. Nate is clearly past his best at this point and should look to cash out once more before hanging them up.

he didn't though. He got bullied for 2 rounds.

the 3rd round was close.

initially I thought the same thing.

but you guys need to watch the fight again and see how close the 3rd round was prior to the end.

The issue Is that so many of you dog shit fans dont even bother to watch the fight more than once and properly study the tape.

You analyze fights entirely on the first watch, in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping.
Funny you mention prior to the end, as if that didn’t happen. For all we know, Mas was taking the round off

Back