Devin Haney vs Yuriorkis Gamboa Nov.7th DAZN

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The next card is penciled in for Nov. 7 at a site to be determined. Lightweight titlist Devin Haney (24-0, 15 KOs), coming off a shoulder injury that he suffered in a one-sided decision win over Alfredo Santiago in his first defense last November, is expected to fight either former unified featherweight titlist Yuriorkis Gamboa (30-3, 18 KOs), a Cuba native fighting out of Miami

https://www.boxingscene.com/three-f...n-dazn-works-jacobs-haney-chocolatito--151740

It says it’s either Gamboa or Gary Russell Jr.

Still kinda crazy to me to see Yuriorkis Gamboa being used as an opponent like this. 2008-2011 he was an HBO and ESPN favorite, a household name if you lived in Miami and/or were Cuban, given the key to the city by the mayor, and on the road to a mega fight with Juanma. Now the guy’s cannon fodder for today’s up and comers. Crazy how boxing works

Still kinda crazy to me to see Yuriorkis Gamboa being used as an opponent like this. 2008-2011 he was an HBO and ESPN favorite, a household name if you lived in Miami and/or were Cuban, given the key to the city by the mayor, and on the road to a mega fight with Juanma. Now the guy’s cannon fodder for today’s up and comers. Crazy how boxing works

Back in 07 he was the FW Mike Tyson. That's the way I remember them talking about him.

Random, but funny, I remember FNF had a card with Gamboa one week, and Demetrius Andrade the next. Andrade beat some can, and still needed his daddy to tell him he was a champion. He literally asked him in the corner to say that. LOL. Today, Gamboa is toast, and Andrade is kind of floating.

That's a damn shame. I was looking forward to that one. Gamboa is toast. I've got no interest in watching that one.
Russell Jr accepted the 1.5 mil offer. But The contact had a rematch clause if Gary had won. Gary’s team accepted the contract with the rematch but in the rematch they’ll have the right to pick the tv provider. So Hearn and Haney did not accept the condition. That’s why Gamboa is the opponent. It should be an easy night for Devin

Yawn, Haney gets him out in six rounds.

Russell Jr accepted the 1.5 mil offer. But The contact had a rematch clause if Gary had won. Gary’s team accepted the contract with the rematch but in the rematch they’ll have the right to pick the tv provider. So Hearn and Haney did not accept the condition. That’s why Gamboa is the opponent. It should be an easy night for Devin
Makes sense, I can talk shit all I want but if I was Hearn I would have turned that down too. Gary's agent and promoter are way over their heads trying to bargain that far lol.

Back in 07 he was the FW Mike Tyson. That's the way I remember them talking about him.

Random, but funny, I remember FNF had a card with Gamboa one week, and Demetrius Andrade the next. Andrade beat some can, and still needed his daddy to tell him he was a champion. He literally asked him in the corner to say that. LOL. Today, Gamboa is toast, and Andrade is kind of floating.
I guess that makes Crawford the fw Lennox.

Was gamboa ever in the top p4p rankings?

Devin needs to get back in the ring and I'll be honest I was completely turned off by him responding to GRJ in the way that he did. I haven't seen him so committed to fight anyone as much as he was to fight GRJ. My point, GRJ is too small, and it looks even more ridiculous since Haney was handed the belt. If that's what going to get him amped up, then I see him marinating fights like the rest of these guys.

"Haney is only 21" : He's also a champion with the green belt. Responsibilities change. If he can fight a fighter as skilled as GRJ why can't he haven't that kind of energy with a guy in his division?

Go be great, it'll pay. Mayweather and Pac took uncomfortable fights to become the juggernauts they were but few are willing to go down that road these days.

The ol' TV rights clause. Like when Wilder offered AJ 50 million but stipulated he couldn't fight on Sky.

gamboa's physical atributes have held him back. Yes he was lightning fast and strong, but is tiny. he looked like a baby against crawford who is also tiny. I mean, his wingpsna looks to be shorter than his height of 5ft 4.

Back