• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Detroit news outlet: "UFC 218 lacked great fights,bad production and was underwhelming"

sounds like an old fart boxing fan with a grudge against MMA to me.

Holy shit are some millennials hard to please, but he does live in Detroit. That would make anyone miserable.

What an embarrassing article.

"Don't come to my dump of a city unless you bring 3 title fights with Conor and R(h)onda and all the fights are guaranteed to be in the top 10 most entertaining of all time."

This is the same city that couldn't even blow up a stadium correctly.

- All the fights on the premliminary fight pass card ended in a finish (3 TKO's, and 1 sub)
- The prelims had an arguable FOTY contender
- Eddie Alvarez vs Justin gathej was a slug fest which ended in eddie brutally Knocking out the undefeated justin gaethj with a devestating knee:
YN0Uut.gif

4-_Fmu.gif

They witnessed one of the most brutal KO's in MMA history:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Then we saw Holloway absolutely decimate in one of the most dominant mixed martial arts performances I have ever seen:

22ef331310f8927b850da7f4ce2cb77a

nintchdbpict000370659697.jpg

the free press has been bitter since datsyuk went back to russia and the writing was on the wall for the wings. this is them lashing out.

Detroit used to seeing much more violence so maybe that card didn't faze them too much I guess

lol, not sure what card these bozos were watching but the one I saw was filled with beautiful violence... Ngannou's decapitation of Overeem alone was worth watching the whole damn thing, nevermind the Holloway/Aldo matchup and that INSANE fight between Cowboy and Medeiros (FOTY material).

Betcha this reporter doesn't even lift...

All you need to know about Detroit is Fuck Detroit..so good job

The guy even spelled It “Rhonda” like a sherdog troll

And no Eminem and Kid Rock!!..so clearly not a big deal despite the paid sellout audience. They didn’t have the privledge of comping Slim Shady and Kid Rock so what a bomb.
a8848bb53bfa130ba016aba68c03e756.jpg

Back