Describe the United States in one word.

USA-1.jpg

POTENTIAL

We're a great country that's done so much, but we DO have flaws, and we're not close to the greatest nation on earth anymore. With our GDP, population, cultural influence, and science we could eradicate so many more diseases, dominate the space race for the next 100 years, humiliate other nations in how good our infrastructure is (ours currently gets a D+), and could be the most united nation on earth.

And to those who say we can't because we can't be united because we have different cultures and races: America is about destroying people's expectations and doing the impossible.

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobic

To elaborate, America fears evil and anything that represents evil so much it becomes confused to complexities of what constitutes "evil". For various ideologues, what is immoral, or evil, is different to each group and confusing to themselves and others. To the point where they lash out at others with dark intentions that seems almost hypocritical to what they're trying to represent. So I choose the technical term for the fear of the number 666, the mark of the beast. The number that represents Satan, the personification of pure evil. And which has so many syllables, it's confusing to pronounce.

Last edited:
McBubba..
I keed I keed.

On a serious note: Chill

The United States Government in one word:

Corporate

Now ask about America? All of the positives posts apply.

The first amendment, no hate speach laws.

Then the US is a little more ruff and tumble and you can get rich if you are a risk taker, work hard and luck is with you. Even if not rich, rich at least very well off.

The US is not the only place people can get rich lol.

The US is not the only place people can get rich lol.

I didn't say it was.

It's an old myth. Fact is, social mobility in the US is relatively shithouse.

600px-Social_mobility_is_lower_in_more_unequal_countries.jpg

It depends on how you measure and what you mean by "Social mobility ".

If you mean will the government takes care of you and give you a nice living without working then no the US is not the place for you.

It depends on how you measure and what you mean by "Social mobility ".

If you mean will the government takes care of you and give you a nice living without working then no the US is not the place for you.

The welfare state is not social mobility.
Intergenerational social mobility is the degree to which your parent's wealth quintile is predictive of your own.
This has been steadily decreasing in the US for some time now (ie your parent's wealth has been becoming more predictive of your own).
It's been described as "The American Dream", but it would be more accurate to call it "An American Fantasy".

Back