Dennis Alexio vs Rick Roufus

Emanuele

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Dennis Alexio and Rick Roufus were two of the best American heavyweights.
They never fought each other; what would have happened if they had fought a kicboxing full contact (with low kicks) match in their primes?
I think Alexio was the better fighter; he fought several times with low kicks and won.

Last edited:
In my opinion the best American fighter in kickboxing rules (with low kicks) was Maurice Smith.

In my opinion the best American fighter in kickboxing rules (with low kicks) was Maurice Smith.
Yes I know, but I said one of the best.
Alexio fought well in kickboxing without low kicks, but was good too in the one with low kicks.
The good thing (at least for me) of Alexio is he only trained in kickboxing, no karate, no k1, no muay thai no MMA. I don't like fighters who trains in several disciplines.

Last edited:
The good thing (at least for me) fo Alexio is he only trained in kickboxing, no karate, no k1, no muay thai no MMA. I don't like fighters who trains in several disciplines.
What did I just read?

Yes I know, but I said one of the best.
Alexio fought well in kickboxing without low kicks, but was good too in the one with low kicks.
The good thing (at least for me) fo Alexio is he only trained in kickboxing, no karate, no k1, no muay thai no MMA. I don't like fighters who trains in several disciplines.

No. Alexio , like most kickboxers from the era, had a karate (tang soo do) background. There really wasn't a lot of specialized "kickboxing" training back then. Mostly guys from karate dojos mixing karate with some boxing.

IMO, Alexio would have beaten Roufus fairly easily. Rick didn't have the power or the size to compete with Dennis.

No. Alexio , like most kickboxers from the era, had a karate (tang soo do) background. There really wasn't a lot of specialized "kickboxing" training back then. Mostly guys from karate dojos mixing karate with some boxing.
Yes it's true, but Alexio trained only few months in kenpo and tang soo do before switching to kickboxing.

Last edited:
Alexio was invited to participate in K-1 but refused.
Honestly, I think that in K-1 rules would be easily defeated by Peter Aerts, Ernest Hoost, Le Banner, Bernardo, Andy Hug...

IMO, Alexio would have beaten Roufus fairly easily. Rick didn't have the power or the size to compete with Dennis.

Alexio vs Roufus. Full contact Karate rules.
I think that with similar weight, Roufus win.

Alexio vs Maurice Smith. Kick boxing (low kick)

I also think that Smith would win.

But unfortunately we'll never know ...

Regards.

Its hard to say. Roufus was slick with power, but Alexio was very dangerous with his hands. Alexio also had a great chin. Im a huge roufus fan, but I would have to go with Alexio on this one.

Back