Denis Villeneuve's Sci-Fi Drama ARRIVAL (93% Rotten Tomatoes)

If you have seen ARRIVAL, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Those reviews are disappointing.

Can someone explain what that window is she put her hand up against inside the ship

Is it a gateway or another part of the ship where the aliens are inside of. Or is it like a tv monitor of some kind.

Didn't expect the reviews to come out so early. Is it being released soon in the UK?

Didn't expect the reviews to come out so early.
The film made its premiere this week at the Venice Film Festival. That's why the reviews are now online.

Is it being released soon in the UK?
It's going to be released in the UK on Nov. 11, same with the US.

It'll be screened at the London Film Festival on Oct. 10.

Update: October 20, 2016

Final Trailer for Denis Villeneuve's ARRIVAL

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like The Day the Earth Stood Still or Contact.
Dude , whats wrong with Contact ? It kicked a$$ !!
On the other hand, The Day the Earth Stood Still was an epic failure.

Looks good. I will plan to catch this one. Villeneuve really caught my attention with Sicario, so he has the bar set high.

Looks predictable honestly.

Adams gains the aliens trust renner is skeptical at first but helps her in the end. Militaries around the world treat them as hostile and eventually it's up to Adams to stop them from all out assault. Which she of course does. Aliens most likely leave at the end of the movie because "humans aren't ready yet" but only Adams is communicated that.

And what exactly did you find wrong with Contact?

They go through all this trouble to decode the alien message, and build a working machine. When Foster finally goes through the machine she winds up on a beach talking to an alien that's taken the form of her dead father. I get it, it's supposed to make her more comfortable during her first contact with an alien life form but after all the bullshit she went through to get there in the first place it was very fucking underwhelming. And worst of all, she's left with almost no proof that what she went through actually happened.

100% so far on Rotten Tomatoes

Arrival,_Movie_Poster.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

arrival-second-trailer-second-image-696x464.jpg

Looks decent. Will watch. Probably be disappoint.

after recently seeing Enemy and liking it, I have to say BARF on this shit. Don't tell me this guy is going to be the next Nolan.

looks promising, will watch. I like cerebral movies like contact

Back