Demian Maia at 42 is ranked #6 in the world

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
This is Demian Maia respekt thread! He entertained us for a long time.

I am DEMIAN FAN! CHeck in this thread if you are too!

Is he the oldest fighter in the ufc?

Impressive either way

Cool but cant ignore DC is 40 and ranked #1 contender

I can barely remember a time when Demian Maia wants in the top 10.

He even seemed old when Anderson called him a "Playboy" in Dubai.

Maia is an absolute legend, it's a pleasure to watch him when he gets his grappling going

So hard to not love Maia. He's so unathletic but so technical that he still does so well against top level competition

referee might have robbed him of being Usman too. And never forget Dana not letting him even have an 8 week camp for Woodley. He made him fight woodley like 6 weeks after his last fight.

I have enjoyed watching a lot of his fights some were not so good

K1 Demian I wasn't a fan but he has given us some good fights over the years he was at his best when he grappled his opponemts

To be stil top 10 at his age is a pretty good achievement

Legend! Deserves every ounce of respect.

I hope Gilbert and him have some fun ground exchanges.

Maia is definitely one of the most universally liked fighters it seems, by both fans and other fighters. Humble, relentless, and doesn't really get involved in drama/UFC politics. Just shows up and fights.

I think it's also really cool that Maia took time to learn and focus hard on his wrestling. You see BJJ guys of his level like Jacare, Werdum, that focused on their striking and their BJJ is there as a threat. With Maia - he never left what he's great at

Maia is as classy as they come
Giant balls
All the Hespect

Demian Maia & Manny Pacquiao deserve respect.

They are still competitive vs much younger guys.

I'm a Demian Maia fan I watched his transformation from a drop, flop, welcome to my guard bjj guy, to an attack you with my jitz fighting style and a man who can actually throw decent hands too. But time is time and it's time to start working in new blood into the top 10 and on that note I hope Burns delivers an impressive win they're a real deal WW's outside the top 10 that aren't getting looks because the old guard still playing the bigger name game...

Burns will KO him
Show some Hespect, you degenerate!

Damian was a true two division great fighting as either an undersized MW or a large WW. He was a consistent top 10 in both divisions.

And his only losses within the past 5 years have been against Woodley, Covington and Usman by decision.​

Damien is a really nice person and he retired Askren. It is impossible not to like him even despite some boring title fights of his.

Back