• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

#DeleteFacebook

I joined FB late, and only cause I got friends thousands of miles away, who asked me to get on FB. Only got about 2 dozen friends on FB, people I actually hang out/hung out with and good friends.

Spends 9 hours a day on fb...

I have facebook since 2006. Still, remember the first time I heard about it. My Boss at the time told me to check it out it is like an adult version of myspace. I only had like 10 friends for the first year.
I don't do much posting but I do like it to stay in touch and I often check out businesses. I find a well-made facebook profile often has better info than a website or is more convenient with a map and pictures right there some reviews etc.
And I am in some groups that can also be interested.

Will definitely be using it in the future. I don't care about the data stuff. The only thing that would make me stop using it would be if I do not consider it a valuable product for me anymore.
Kind of an outdated view

Sounds like a statement from an out of touch board of stock holders

Great product! Personal story. Dont care about data mining! Need it for things! Happy happy

Your smart phone collects just as much, if not more, data than facebook does.
Are people going to start getting rid of their phones now?

Our loser and corrupt politicians have done nothing to keep laws (privacy laws) up to date with technology and as a result the Facebook data issue is just one example of the complete lack of privacy along with getting your PII passed around bc of data breaches.

I'e connected with people from my past on it. That's cool.

Deleted mine 5 years ago.

Got tired of people I know using FB as a personal psychologist, and venting about every problem they have.

So bizzare seeing successful people I knew before FB, then seeing them years after they have had a profile and watching them have routine meltdowns about the most trivial things.

Makes you realize how unstable people are.

Would love to delete fb but export my methods of contacting all the people on it via another encrypted messaging service... alas.

1. Post personal content on the internet
2. Bitch when others don't do everything in their power to protect your privacy

Sound reasoning, I must say.

If you need a movement to make an individual decision, you need serious help in your life. If you’re going to stop using Facebook because there’s a movement, you’re a pathetic loser.

Feels good to be ahead of the curve. I'm so cool, I deleted facebook before it was cool.

I am pretty sure FB and social media feminizes men.

I have seen too many of my friends turn metro after getting on FB and Instagram. Doing kissy photos, and selfies. It's despicable.

They all have girlfriends, but it almost seems like they are in relationships so that people don't call them gay.

Just because people don't verbalize it, doesn't mean they are not thinking it.

Your browsers and smart phones collect more information than FB ...

It's funny because when I tell people I don't have Facebook, they start defending themselves and giving rationalizations "I don't put anything important on it" "I just use it for school it's very handy"

Yeah give an evil company your data, time and attention and help them increase their stock value because it's very handy!

I only recently put an actual picture of myself on there and changed to my actual name. Before that, my FB name was "koolaide man" and I just put photos of the koolaide man and said I went to clown college in the 60s. The messenger is nice for friends that live in other countries, but hell no on the updates and phony posts. The markeplace is pretty good too, I sold my last car on there.
this is my profile pic

It's funny because when I tell people I don't have Facebook, they start defending themselves and giving rationalizations "I don't put anything important on it" "I just use it for school it's very handy"

Yeah give an evil company your data, time and attention and help them increase their stock value because it's very handy!
if you dont have facebook people ask "whats wrong with you?"

if you dont have facebook people ask "whats wrong with you?"

They don't ask, but their silence and withdrawal from the conversation implies judgment along those lines.

It's not you, it's them. Narcissists are not aware of their behavior, and so they don't perceive their faults, deficiencies, and faux pas as projection and reaction formation.

It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to permanently delete my account, not just make it "inactive".

I feel strangely relieved.

It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to permanently delete my account, not just make it "inactive".

I feel strangely relieved.

Congratulations on your first step to recovery.

Back