Deconstructing MMA Myths... [Part 28] - 'Deaf Ears'...

I think the Sakuraba vs Vitor standup was OK even though Sakuraba was throwing hard leg kicks not like what Usman was throwing to Maia . When the fighter are in that position and the fighter standing is only thworing leg kicks to the fighter b unwilling to engage in the ground i think the referee should stand them up after a few leg kicks.

I think the Sakuraba vs Vitor standup was OK even though Sakuraba was throwing hard leg kicks not like what Usman was throwing to Maia . When the fighter are in that position and the fighter standing is only thworing leg kicks to the fighter b unwilling to engage in the ground i think the referee should stand them up after a few leg kicks.
I havent watched that fight in a long time,but sometimes guys are throwing those kicks to stall the fight since its impossible for the guy on bottom to score any points in that position. Ref intervention is needed.

Nah...

In Vale Tudo/NHB/MMA history, no one had done more legit damage than SAKU G. to a downed opponent waitin´ in the butt scoot position, in the Vitor/Hoyler/Hoyce fights.
True innovation.

The other dude who [legit] innovated:

Igor punch.gif

Nah...

In Vale Tudo/NHB/MMA history, no one had done more legit damage than SAKU G. to a downed opponent waitin´ in the butt scoot position, in the Vitor/Hoyler/Hoyce fights.
True innovation.

The other dude who [legit] innovated:

View attachment 521071
Ok but wandy arona 2,wandy was doin it to score points and arona could score none and as long as aronas on his back,wandy cant get taken down by him lol

Ok but wandy arona 2,wandy was doin it to score points and arona could score none and as long as aronas on his back,wandy cant get taken down by him lol
Compared to SAKU vs Vitor, Wand wasnt as active though...

Compared to SAKU vs Vitor, Wand wasnt as active though...
Its not the way wand would prefer to fight.

Wands style previous to this fight was: WHICH ONE THE REFEREE?!?! COS IMA KILL THE OTHER MOTHERFUCKER.
Rudimar:goddamit wand calm down,wait till the bell rings.

Its not the way wand would prefer to fight.

Wands style previous to this fight was: WHICH ONE THE REFEREE?!?! COS IMA KILL THE OTHER MOTHERFUCKER.
Rudimar:goddamit wand calm down,wait till the bell rings.
BJ no.gif

babalu wand.gif babalu wand 2.gif

True vet 2.gif

Technical Sequence:

Michiyoshi Ohara [Jap] vs Kevin Randleman [USA]

@ Pride 22.

Obvious shot to the back of the head, the Ref. could have stopped the action, called for a stand-up and saved the Japanese fighter from this bad position.

back head Michiyoshi Ohara vs Kevin Randleman.gif

Last edited:
> Added:

A Stand-up call involvin´ Takada, Pride´s biggest star:

Stand-up > Takada vs Igor:
Duration: 4mn 27s

Stand-up Wand vs Rampage :

Duration: 4mn 25s

takada vs igor 9.gif takada vs igor 10.gif takada vs igor 11 stand up 4mn27.gif

Back