1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

December 18th Miami. Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury Showtime PPV Poll Added

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Sep 10, 2021.

?

Winner?

1. Paul

21.4%
  2. Fury Jr

78.6%
  1. Sickbro69420 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I hope he was and lures lake into a fire fight.

2. Poatan White Belt

Tommy Furys opponents combined record is absolute joke. Its 14-175 and im not even kidding. WTF?? Honestly i think Paul knocks him out
    ZRXYv6s.gif

Goatenstein likes this.
  3. Roids Brown Belt

Compared to the record of jakes pauls opponents being 0?

4. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

warrens a gooner then. Another reason to dislike him

MMALOPEZ likes this.
  5. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

And how many boxing wins does Jake Paul’s opponents have?

<JagsKiddingMe>

GeneTunney7 and PUO3 like this.
  6. Fluffernutter Gold Belt

Combined total of 0.

PUO3 likes this.
  7. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt

8. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Nova44 and Jonny Ninja like this.
  9. fuct. Gold Belt

For context - Tyson said something like, if he cant beat Paul he cant be a Fury? Bullshit aside these two could be a similar level, what you need for a good scrap. And gypsy pride isnt schtick, pressure's on tommy boy.

PUO3 and GeneTunney7 like this.
  10. Naoya#1 Orange Belt

This fight will sell a lot. 500k is elite level by pretty much every standards.

Canelo, Conor, Joshua and maybe Fury are the only guys who could crack 500k without the help of a good undercard and godlike promo.

11. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

This funny AF, but like always it is weighted toward Paul. Jake will be making like 10 mil, so loosing 500K is nothing. Changing one's name while it means everything to you, like the with Fury family, is very different. It's like making a bet where a poor person bets their entire life saving of 1K dollar vs a multi billionaire that has to forfeit a few million - one is life changing, the other is a drop in the bucket.

12. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

That is not the total pay, that is just the bet they have. Fury said he was supposed too make over a million before I heard anything of the bet. Tyron got a disclosed 2 million and allegedly made as much as 7.5 million.

13. ironmansnap Staying Real In A World Full Of Bluffs

Fury would win a ud easily

14. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

You get that right, Gypsy pride is not a stick. It is the whole reason they fight and keep getting into these fights, to defend their clan's name. Listen to Bartley Gorman here. He says the only reason he fights is for his breed of people and mentions the Furys.

You see Tyson and Big John wearing "Fury" attire, hats, even socks all over the place. Their name means absolutely everything to them, and I think that is exactly why Jake is making this bet. He knows how important that name is, and 500K is a drop in the bucket to Jake. I guess these are the deals he can make, like a creditor or money lender dealing with a desperate person, and if Jake was asked tp put up something valuable to him he would not do it. It is pretty f'd up when you think about - having a proud black man tattoo "I love Jake Paul" on their body like a cattle branding, then asking Tommy to change his name.

Time to bring out Aleks Emelianenko and make the bet he did to Kharitonov
    " I’m offering Kharitonov next. I’m ready to take the blood test for Hep C in front of any media and internet resources. If the results are negative he should cut off his own finger. If the results will turn out positive I will cut off my own finger."

15. fuct. Gold Belt

That's yakuza shit, no? I still reckon Tyron's tat is fake?

Here's Fury sr talking about just that recently -

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  16. Street Samurai Blue Belt

Name change is only for a year though. Tommy should accept this

17. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

Yah I saw that video recently! i love all the new Big Jon videos living off the grid.

Do you know why he went to prison? He ended up getting in a fight with a guy and literally pulling his eye ball out. That is how these Gypsies roll - it is like Medieval stuff when 'their name' is insulted. There is alot of hardcore nastiness that goes on behind the scenes in that world. Even Bartley Gorman had like every bone in his body broke one time when he was jumped by a rival clan, they stuck a pipe down his throat and tried cutting off his legs.....all over insults and family honor. Crazy stuff.

If you have not seen the movie "Knuckle", you should watch it. It is all about the Irish Gypsies and their underground bareknuckle scene.

18. Pboxingfan123 White Belt

Count me in for Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury!!! That is actually a very good fight imo.

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  19. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

Agreed. It is definitely going to be a real test for Jake. Tommy has the height, reach and experience. y'all can talk about his opponents have a losing record, but none of Jake's past opponents have even won a fight! Fury's opponent's easily beat everyone Paul has faced with the possible exception being Tyron.

The Jake Paul War Wagon is about to end here, I am afraid. It was fun AF while it lasted. Tommy should put in the rematch clause that if he wins, he will only give Jake a rematch if he gets a giant dick tattooed on his face.

20. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt