• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dear Anderson Silva - Turn back the clock one more time

Brother, I'm trying.... I am..... but man...... I hate this shit really......
I wish he would have retired in the Bonnar fight

Magical career if that happens, GOAT by a decent measure imho just because of greatness and narrative
Made it to the UFC on the tail end of his physical prime after struggling through pride and ripping through the UK

Beats the fuck out of everybody, literally gets bored at one point in his career and goes up to dominate a former champ

Then finally gets decent rivals in Sonnen and Vitor and absolutely annihilates one and sweeps a competitive series against the other

then one more fight infront of the home town
Gloves in the octagon
Done.
In some universe @BC this is what happened

Magical career if that happens, GOAT by a decent measure imho just because of greatness and narrative
Made it to the UFC on the tail end of his physical prime after struggling through pride and ripping through the UK

Beats the fuck out of everybody, literally gets bored at one point in his career and goes up to dominate a former champ

Then finally gets decent rivals in Sonnen and Vitor and absolutely annihilates one and sweeps a competitive series against the other

Gloves in the octagon
Done.

Now THAT is a story I could read over and over.....

Seems like the longer their reign at the top the harder they fall. Liddell's is the worst by far though.

I'm just glad Silva hasn't suffered as bad a spill as Chuck.

Problems with Anderson Silva,
(1) He is weak for the division. Since Chael Sonnen, strong wrestlers know how to take him down quite easily, and he doesn't know how to get back on his feet.

(2) He needs to adjust his game for his age. Those cat like reflexes are gone. Punches that used to miss by inches are now putting him on his butt.

(3) He needs to fight the whole fight. He should have beaten Michael Bisping easily. He KO'd the dude for crying out loud, but because he is so inactive (because he always thinks he is going to get the finish) he is going to lose fights were he doesn't finish, and the opponent is more aggressive.

Silva can still strike, and he can still win decisions, if he stops the shenanigans and starts fighting in a style that is appropriate for his age.

Very accurate assessment. Are you sure you are on the right website? :)

Seems like the longer their reign at the top the harder they fall. Liddell's is the worst by far though.

I'm just glad Silva hasn't suffered as bad a spill as Chuck.
Farther to fall imho
Every fighter seems to fall off a cliff at some point
The average ones just don't have much distance to drop

If his reflexes help him one more time, he can catch Brunson. Bruson's defense has always been crap, he's either kill or try to wrestle before getting killed.

Problems with Anderson Silva,
(1) He is weak for the division. Since Chael Sonnen, strong wrestlers know how to take him down quite easily, and he doesn't know how to get back on his feet.

(2) He needs to adjust his game for his age. Those cat like reflexes are gone. Punches that used to miss by inches are now putting him on his butt.

(3) He needs to fight the whole fight. He should have beaten Michael Bisping easily. He KO'd the dude for crying out loud, but because he is so inactive (because he always thinks he is going to get the finish) he is going to lose fights were he doesn't finish, and the opponent is more aggressive.

Silva can still strike, and he can still win decisions, if he stops the shenanigans and starts fighting in a style that is appropriate for his age.

Meh
1) Brunson is a good wrestler. He is not Sonnen (olympic alternate) DC (olympic captain and at one point a favorite to gold) or Weidman (a guy so talented at wrestling and grappling that literally every person that saw him no-gi thought he'd be an MMA champ one day). And he's never known how to get back up, since pride. His strategy has basically always been body triangle off has back. But his TDD has always been super underrated.

2) He's made adjustments throughout his career, and I think the Mikey B fight was a wake up that he needs to go back to what he used to go on his second dominant MW run (post Forrest). Silva was originally a brawler with good Muay Thai, then an intelligent pressure fighter, than an out fighter, then a pure counter fighter then.... an outfighter again against Michael Bisping. I think he can fight outside against a guy like Brunson all day if he so chooses, and he can jab side kick nearly any fighter outside the top 15 at MW easily.

3) Yep. Full agreement, and that's been an issue since Leites, Anderson will take rounds off. But Michael Bisping is the WRONG guy to do that too, if Silva had thrown another strike a minute he would have walked out of there with a win. Michael Bisping is too high volume and too pressure oriented to pull that crap against... but for all the hate he gets, there's no other Michael Bisping in the division in terms of pressure fighting right now outside of Mousasi (who gives Anderson hell at anypoint in his career). Also why the Diaz fight was even close, he took whole minutes of the fight off just hanging out, he has the ability to fill those times with offense from his front leg and hand.

Good post

Still hope he retires after this win or lose

Gloves in the octagon
Done.

Anderson retired as GOAT after he beat Bonnar, everything else that happened afterwards was just a simulation.

I'll root for Anderson

I'm not a fan but I didn't like him lose to bisping and I'm English prime ando wrecks him

what is anderson silva record under usada ? 4 losses and 1 dc?

Brunson is tailor made for him on the feet
Literally
Type of guy Anderson used to feast on
He should be the underdog here

BUT ONE MORE TIME ANDERSON
FOR THE FANS

also he fought DC in the interim
Arguably beat (read as was robbed) Bisping too
oh yeah, I forgot about that DC fight/sparring match.

Either way, I think he has his hands full with Brunson.. but it is a winnable fight for him

Back