Multiplatform DEAD SPACE [REMAKE] has arrived (January 27th 2023)

On the one hand I am happy this talented developer is not going to spend years on remakes on the other hand it sucks that their stellar effort didn't get rewarded accordingly.

I’d be OK with it if they were put to work on something new and interesting, not a milked to death franchise like Battlefield. This would be like if Microsoft put id Software to work on Call of Duty.

Not surprising. I don't know if it was a fuck up on the marketplace(it was a personalized deal), but I could've bought this for 9$ a month or so ago. When I see crazy deals like that, I know it didn't sell well. It was never a big seller anyways, so I never really understood why they bothered remaking it to such an extent. They could've easily thrown a simpler remaster out there to test the waters.

Shame though, because DS2 is amazing and the pinnacle of the franchise. They got everything right with that one.

Not surprising. I don't know if it was a fuck up on the marketplace(it was a personalized deal), but I could've bought this for 9$ a month or so ago. When I see crazy deals like that, I know it didn't sell well. It was never a big seller anyways, so I never really understood why they bothered remaking it to such an extent. They could've easily thrown a simpler remaster out there to test the waters.

Shame though, because DS2 is amazing and the pinnacle of the franchise. They got everything right with that one.

Yeah, there was a price reduction from $60 to $40 within a month of the game's release. That's a bad sign. And it was on Gamepass by Fall of last year.

Not good signs towards the sales, which were never officially released.

Fucking tragedy.

By the way, I recently played through the RE4make and I'd say the DS remake was definitely supeeior, both as a game and as a remake to the original games.

Back