• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DC vs Stipe 3 - Rematch no one wants to see

DC beat him fair and square in the first fight. You can't take that away from him.
No, it wasn't "fair and square" AT ALL. Stop bullshitting, he was losing and only won because of a blatant eye surgery. Don't try to change the narrative, reality can't be changed.

Uhhh... I want to see it.

DC Stipe Rubber match is mandatory imo

Volk vs Holloway I can understand, there’s no clear cut FW contender

Miocic/DC makes a little sense but would have preferred Miocic/Ngannou rematch.

Volk/Holloway is about the least interesting fight they could make for the belt right now. The division is full of guys deserving a title fight and more interesting fights.

DC vs Stipe makes sense. It’s the rubber match. Ngannou can get his shot after that fight..

DC deserves the rubber match. The rematch was so close, with DC winning a mjaority of the rounds before the KO. But agree on Volk/Holloway. Holloway didn't do anything effective in that fight. Didn't even win 1 round, IMO.

And ngannou can wait 1 fight before taking on the winner. It's not like he never got a TS shot before, and it's not like he didn't shit the bed in it.

Volk/Holaway is kinda stupid, Volk beat Holloway pretty convincingly. Way too many contenders at 145 for these immediate rematches

Spectacular fighters are getting screwed:

ThirstyFakeGosling-size_restricted.gif

20f2x4.gif

CaringMemorableEft-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_ptj3hgH6WR1rofocqo1_500.gifv

HastyPoisedDutchshepherddog-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

I think Holloway is probably kind of a "yes man" too but stays kinda low-key about it so I'd assume that's why he's getting an immediate rematch.

UFC style.

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

Why in the world does Cormier deserve a TS?

Ngannou beat so many people in spectacular fashion. Ngannou should boycott and leave the UFC.

Then, I like Max really a lot, but Volk should have defended against the Korean Zombie or Zabit.
They really should have done Zabit vs. Max for a 5 round title contender fight if they're that eager to have Max get another shot.

Eyepokes be damned, he ko'd him with a hook on a clinch break. Not keeping your guard up on a clinch break is a technical flaw that has nothing to do with eye pokes.
Absolute trash take. Stipe was poked in the left eye, the same side he was KO’d from by a right hook, less than 3 seconds before the punch landed. He was poked in that eye, then a punch coming from that direction laid him out 3 seconds later.

It isn’t a coincidence. It’s the punches you don’t see coming that knock you out.

The DC-Stipe trilogy makes PERFECT sense, given they each stopped the other, although Francis is indeed a worthy contender at this point...he will almost certainly get the winner (unless the Jones super fight miraculously comes together). DC is getting his retirement fight...and he deserves it.

Volk-Max...while I agree that is not a fight I'm dying to see right now...there is no obvious 'next in line', with several contenders currently matched up and Max does deserve the rematch. I normally feel that immediate rematches are bogus, unless they flow from a highly controversial outcome or from a loss for a longtime dominant champ, and that 2nd criterion applies here with Max. Despite the one-sided outcome, he does deserve the rematch, if he wants it (and apparently he does).

No problem with either of these being made.

DC's supposed "eye pokes" are greatly exaggerated.
No, they aren’t. They were plentiful intentional and one landed 3 seconds before the KO on the same side the KO punch came from.

I do not believe cormier ever finishes stipe out without the eyepokes.

UFC style.

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

Why in the world does Cormier deserve a TS?

Ngannou beat so many people in spectacular fashion. Ngannou should boycott and leave the UFC.

Then, I like Max really a lot, but Volk should have defended against the Korean Zombie or Zabit.
Stfu

<{nope}>

DC doesn't deserve a rematch? He was dominating the second fight for 2 1/2 rounds. He has only lost once at HW. Wtf do you mean why does DC deserve a rematch? Please spare me with the eye poke stuff.

Also dumb to ask why Max deserves a rematch.

Fatso winning the belt and then retiring would kill the division. Hopefully Stipe knocks him limp so we can be done with him and move on.

Volk/Holloway also makes little sense, but guess the matchmakers don't want to work too hard these days.

Yeah i can. Those eye pokes were dirty and honestly i'm not willing to debate their intent.

This is the tact I've taken.

Anyone who has seen the GIFs and watched replay footage of the eye pokes will come to the conclusion they were egregious. I respect DC and have been a fan of his long before he entered MMA, but this much is a fact - he eye poked Stipe on purpose.

You can say its through wild recklessness or to gain an advantage, either way it effected the fight.

If anyone is unwilling to admit that there is legitimately no point in arguing with them. Same with flat earthers or any manner of coconuts.

Back