DC/Jones weirdest looking UFC staredown?

pincmil

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
That was a pretty lame looking staredown for all the buildup at the weigh in.

Sort of like Kongo turning his back to Mir, but this was weirder.

[YT]GRZIpeDmnMI[/YT]

It's unclear at this angle, but it looks like Jones turned away first. Which makes his "turn and face me like a man" comment look weird.

The imagery is somewhat badass.. just no heated face off to start thing soff

Now just imagine if the fight is evans vs rampage 2.0

All dat hype.

Cormier turning his back to the crowd was stupid. Just face forward like Jones and not look his way. He ended up on the short end of that stick.

I am so pumped for this fight.

I think this will be one of the most anticipated fights this season

1.gif

It's unclear at this angle, but it looks like Jones turned away first. Which makes his "turn and face me like a man" comment look weird.

True.

Its just Jones ended up facing the crowd, so for most of the photos it just Cormier the one that looks weirder,

He said turn and face the people.

He definitely did. This is not a Jones-hate thing. I'm saying he literally turns first. Cormier starts out facing somewhat toward him. Then Cormier even attempts to make eye-contact and Jones is set on looking forward.... so then Cormier commits to looking the opposite direction.

I hadn't seen this staredown to now, btw. And that DOES make Jones' comment look weird.

When did Jones say 'turn and face me'? His comment says turn and face the people.

Pretty weird move by Daniel. Looked like he was getting ready for a regular stare down, but when Jones faced the crowd he didn't want to follow suit and instead faced the drapes. No idea what he thought he was expressing with that move.

John Jones is weird. He has some social issues that come out in the form of some weird behaviors.

Looked really weird. The press conference one was better. But all good, fight should be good.

Back