DC/Jones the grudge match that delivered

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jones fans, DC "fans", can we all agree that this fight delivered? Black on black crime fights usually suck. Hyped up rival fights in general end up in major disapointment. This one didn't.

PS. Who had that Rocky song playing in their head just when the second round ended? The one in theApollo creed rematch :)

It wasn't exactly a thriller. Truth be told I was somewhat disappointed.

Great fight. Entertaining 1st three rounds, then just amazing to watch jones take over in championship rds. Not disappointed at all

For 3 rounds, it was. Round 4 was good as well. Some nice psychological warfare from Jones. Round 5 sucked though. They clinched for damn near the entire round and barely threw anything.

Thought it was pretty good. And they didn't hug and smile when it was over so there are no accusations of fake beef.

The fight sucked. The one aspect that cormier flourishes in was completely negated, in fact I was used against him. Cormier had nothing to offer Jones. With that said UFC is horrible at this, so....

Immediate rematch?

Not a horrible fight, not a great fight. Left me pretty flat to be honest.

Great fight with a lackluster 5th unfortunately.

Herb Dean deserves some blame.

The fight sucked. The one aspect that cormier flourishes in was completely negated, in fact I was used against him. Cormier had nothing to offer Jones. With that said UFC is horrible at this, so....

Immediate rematch?

Cmon. I know that You been watching mma for atleast three years so You must know something about this. DC took 2 rounds in my book against the best Jon Jones ever. Impressive boxing from Cormier and impressive TDD from bones

First three rounds were pretty good. Last two were less interesting. Overall it was pretty decent, but far from amazing.

once jones gave up on striking from a distance, and went to the smother approach, i thought the fight sucked to watch. jones never really went for the kill, and never really, that i saw, had cormier in trouble. by the end of round 3, i could tell that a finish was most likely not going to happen, because jones wanted to clinch, with the occasional knee and elbow, and to me, just wait it out. and cormier couldn't really do anything about it. if i had this dvrd, i would have fast forwarded through most of the last two rounds.

all in all, i don't really think it delivered as a grudge match. if you didn't already know about the beef, nothing from the fight would make you think there was actual bad blood between the two.

The last two rounds were not very good, but it was a good fight. At least the grudge was real.

i expected more to be honest, but it was not bad

All things considered, buildup & fight, it was excellent. A touch of the JDS VS Cain's about it, but with more hate than rivalry. Same sort of benchmark for the rest of the division though. Only round 5 sucked... apart from DC throwing Jones on the floor

We had 3 awesome nerve racking rounds. Then DC gassed. Atleast he didnt freeze like rashad. Dude fought his ass off

I guess I disagree. Nerve-racking was me at the start of the fight until about 3/4 of the way through the 1st. After that there was really just a whole lot of not much.

Back