DC is the champ... Deal with it !

MrTeeLogan

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Tired of seeing threads and hear people say DC is the paper champ. Jones messed up TWICE! DC is the man but i feel his legacy will never be complete and will always be looked at at as a paper champ which is unfortunate. Hes done all he can to prove otherwise. I honestly hope that DC can hold on to the belt until Jones returns.... Do you guys think DC and jones will ever fight again and how will DC be remembered amongst fans of MMA?

lol-fat-guy-laughing-ew-o.gif

I don't think anyone is arguing against that anymore.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that anymore.
I hope not. Dc has beat most of the top contenders. Too bad that by the time him and jones get to fight... Its not going to be the same fight as it would have been at 200

After Bones f-ed up for the umpteenth time and couldn't make it to the cage, DC offiicially was solified as the legit LHW champ, no matter what what the "paper belt" folks try and cling to.

Post USADA Jones may be like post USADA Vitor. We don't know how he's going to be. And with a potential 2 year layoff, it's going to be hard for Jones.

Yea he is, but his performance against Anderson was turrible

Mad respect for DC, he is the 2 best LHW ever IMO.

There's only so long he can be called paper champ. I didn't even consider him paper to begin with. Jones messed up and he took advantage and it worked. Even has a defense.

I'm still butthurt over the Silva fight though.

Mad respect for DC, he is the 2 best LHW ever IMO.
See... Thats my issue. Without a win over jones... I dont see how anyone could ever consider him the best lhw ever. I hope he continues his tear and gets to fight jones eventually.

There's only so long he can be called paper champ. I didn't even consider him paper to begin with. Jones messed up and he took advantage and it worked. Even has a defense.

I'm still butthurt over the Silva fight though.
Yeah... He deff fought safe against silva. Hopefully we get to see him at his best against glover/rumble

He can be the champ, but he's not the best. He didn't beat the man to earn the belt, he beat someone the man had already defeated to earn it.

Good fighter, great even, but he's still not the best.

DC tore through the heavyweight division in the UFC, won a heavyweight tourney, pounded out AJ, threw Barnett around like he was a kid, but he lost to Bones. DC needs to beat Bones and then, dayum, he will have a goat like resume. But if he doesn't, he will always be second.

I dont think hes a paper champ but theres always going to be an aterisk to his title reign unless he beats jones. Jones is the guy that beat him and cant fight due to his own fuckups.

no one did this to Jones
Jones did this to him self
so it's up to him to correct his mistakes
and prove to everyone he is the best

same rules as for everyone else

Yea he is, but his performance against Anderson was turrible

I honestly think he was holding back since he knew Anderson was extremely rusty and only had a few days to prepare for the fight

I honestly think he was holding back since he knew Anderson was extremely rusty and only had a few days to prepare for the fight
I thought that too, to begin with. Then I got to thinking about how DC looked at the post-cancellation presser a few days before 200 - DC looked like a broken man, poor guy was really upset. I just don't think his heart was in the Anderson fight or that his mind was right either. He'd been on an emotional rollercoaster and I believe he just wasn't in the right frame of mind.

He was so emotionally invested in fighting Jones and beating him and once that was off the table (like, 3 days before the event) it just lost meaning to DC.
Well, that's how I look at it anyway. Was thinking of times I've been fired up to compete and then something changes the basis of the competition and everything you've prepared for is changed. If I were DC that would throw me off badly, at any rate.

Back