DC appreciation. The final chapter of his book hasnt been writren.

I don't see DC beating the top 5 HWs, but when Cain is forced to retire due to continued injuries wouldn't surprise me to see him move back, since he will never beat Bones.

A championship can still be in store for him at LHW or HW. Hopefully he can shake this off and come back stronger, I, for one, have been a fan from the beginning of his career. He has experienced the death of his daughter and a number of disappointments but this IS no way the end.

Here is to hoping he can overcome, again, and come back stronger.

no possible way he gets to be champion at lhw

Black Fedor will rise again. He's got the heart of a champion. I'd love to see him go back to heavyweight, if Cain doesn't heal up soon. I think DC can beat anybody in that division. I legitimately think after a few fights he could challenge Jones again, too.

except he hasnt been champion at anything his entire life. always coming up short

I would still give Cormier the advantage against the majority of the UFC 205ers. He is far from finished, but his clock is ticking.

A championship can still be in store for him at LHW or HW. Hopefully he can shake this off and come back stronger, I, for one, have been a fan from the beginning of his career. He has experienced the death of his daughter and a number of disappointments but this IS no way the end.

i don't know why everyone has been so doom and gloom with dc, he fought the best in the world and went 5 rounds. the last 2 rounds were what went wrong, because he had never done it before. jones knows 5 rounds big time, so i see dc coming back and getting another title shot.

he's 36 yeah, but his style isn't based on reactions and speed, so he's more like randy in that he can fight into his 40's because of his skill set.

He got thrown out of calibration with Jones' early and late success with the takedown which took his confidence and became the focal point of the fight for him. After the dust settles and he realizes that he was very effective in spite of the fact that he was taken down a few times, I think he'll fight a lot more confident going forward. He was so sure that jones wouldn't be able to have offensive success wrestling that it broke his will a little when jones did. This will make him a much better fighter.

[YT]dWOpu4hJK78[/YT]

The question is why did he need to talk so much non-stop shit. Selling the fight is one thing, but he was relentless in belittling a man who'd accomplished what he never had. In very personal mean-spirited ways.

Now he has a huge shit sandwich he'll never be able to choke down.

With a couple of very minute adjustments, a ref who will have the balls to break up a wall and stall, and with better judging, he can easily come out on top of jones. As long as ignorant judges keep being wowed by leg kicks that aren't very effective, and high kicks that miss or get blocked, jones will keep getting decisions.

I am a fan of DC, but have concerns about his age. He is at a point where he will lose a step in quickness soon. Once this happens, he may no longer have that edge. Maybe he can win a belt, but I don't see a long run for DC.

nDwfOxc.jpg

http://mmaquotes.blogspot.ca/2013/06/daniel-cormier-quotes.html

It's sad that this forum was filled with more Jones haters hoping their enemy would be dethroned rather than actual DC fans and believers. He did a lot better than I thought he would . Unless he's going to be willing to move back up to heavyweight though I dont see any point in fighting anymore . He will never be able to beat Jones and get that title. He should go the way of Brian Stann and Kenflo with all due respect.

Last edited:

He did a great job. John obviously out pointed him, but I thought DC did more damage. His uppercuts were hurting Jones, which is why the champ started tying him up at the end. He may not have made good on his promise to snag the belt, but John didn't honor his promise of a malicious beating either.

Ps: john's jabs at DC's crying is pretty low (Christian, eh?) considering what he's been through. Kharma is a bitch, Mr. Bones.

The question is why did he need to talk so much non-stop shit. Selling the fight is one thing, but he was relentless in belittling a man who'd accomplished what he never had. In very personal mean-spirited ways.

Now he has a huge shit sandwich he'll never be able to choke down.

I don't think he ever belittled John's skills or accomplishments...only his personality.

Back