DayZ Standalone

Paladin985

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking of possibly getting this game because I am a huge Zombie fan but before I do that I wanted to have some feedback from Sherdog to see what you guys thought of the game if you played it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

i wouldn't touch until its finished, whenever the hell that will.

i dropped it and went over to Arma 3 epoch and breaking point

A lot of people are saying this on the Dayz forum as well. Thanks for the input! I hope other people can also give me a bit more feedback.

I've been interested in it too because I'm a zombie nut, but people calling it a walking simulator doesn't seem like the best thing. The other zombie MMO that looks good is H1Z1, hoping it hits the PS4

*edit*

Just did a little reading that H1Z1 will be hitting see easy access in January. It also has more emphasis on teamwork and community than PvP like in DayZ.

Last edited:

I think it's still alot of fun. And it's somewhat exciting to play it along the way as they add in new features. It is appalling that they have increased the price of a pre-alpha, it started out $29.99 and is up to $34.99.

For example I haven't played in a few months and hopped on over the holidays to find there's now animals in it, several new weapons, zombie ai improved greatly (can lose them with LOS, can avoid aggro if you pay attention where they are), and plenty of new items.

I did buy Arma 3 after playing Day Z cause I enjoy the gameplay alot, only recently have I really tried to dive into Arma 3 but unfortunately keep encountering crashes as well as joining a server only to be reverted back to server list. Only thing that has worked consistently for me is battleroyaleghosthotel (only 2-5 servers going with that) and a KOTH map which is great fun but can get tiresome with the trek to the objective if there's no helicopter.

I don't understand why I keep hearing hype about this game on the internet everywhere, but I can't actually find many specific people who actually enjoy it

Remember when the release date for this was "August"?

I bought the alpha last July... I just couldn't get into it.. No real objectives. All the town names in Russian.. Navigating is a bitch.. I think it's STILL in alpha.. very glitchy, etc.

I stopped playing about a month into it.. Just aimless walking, really.

I don't understand why I keep hearing hype about this game on the internet everywhere, but I can't actually find many specific people who actually enjoy it

I put about 50 hours into it since Alpha first came out on steam. It can be fairly addictive mainly because of how high the stakes feel.

With that being said, god knows if they'll ever finish the damn thing. It's buggy as all hell and the updates aren't exactly fast moving.

I put about 50 hours into it since Alpha first came out on steam. It can be fairly addictive mainly because of how high the stakes feel.

With that being said, god knows if they'll ever finish the damn thing. It's buggy as all hell and the updates aren't exactly fast moving.

Just read up a bit on it, didn't realize just how damn long it's been in development limbo. Apparently last official statement is it will be out sometime in 2016. So that's, what, four or five years in development ? Rough

I bought it on january and sure, the game can be quite fun so I dont think it was 20 bucks wasted but Arma 3 mods are just simply better. I played it again just earlier this month and let me tell you that it is developing at a snails place, in a year it is still a buggy as hell with very little extra features.

Now the main problem I think it has is with the engine, I just dont see them being able to optimize it so you could play in cities and enjoy fps of more than 20. Well that and being able for servers to support 100+ players that the gigantic map needs.

Wow lots of bad comments from what I am seeing I guess I might just wait for it to come out if ever it does LOL. Besides I also have 7 days to die, Project Zomboid, Dead State and soon I will be getting Dying Light on Ps4 that should tide me over for awhile LOL. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Wow lots of bad comments from what I am seeing I guess I might just wait for it to come out if ever it does LOL. Besides I also have 7 days to die, Project Zomboid, Dead State and soon I will be getting Dying Light on Ps4 that should tide me over for awhile LOL. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I say get it before it goes back up in price, but don't expect a fast development.

I bought it on january and sure, the game can be quite fun so I dont think it was 20 bucks wasted but Arma 3 mods are just simply better. I played it again just earlier this month and let me tell you that it is developing at a snails place, in a year it is still a buggy as hell with very little extra features.

Now the main problem I think it has is with the engine, I just dont see them being able to optimize it so you could play in cities and enjoy fps of more than 20. Well that and being able for servers to support 100+ players that the gigantic map needs.

I don't have issues with the gameplay itself making me think this is more your PC than the game, although I'm not the biggest techie I could easily be wrong. Not sure how you can say in a year they have hardly added features, like I said in my other post. After a few months of not playing I came back to see vehicles, gardening, animals, and tons of other new items.

I remember when it was under $20, it's too expensive for an unfinished game that is severely marred by other players online. The zombies aren't a big enough threat so it becomes a game of players battling it out and gathering items. Grab 7 Days to Die or Project Zomboid or State of Decay instead. There's another game that uses monsters instead of zombies and also has a bit of a pvp problem, but the enemies are much more threatening, it has better weapons and graphics, and there are safe zones, it's called Nether.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back