Daytona 500 worth going to?

scorpiorising

The world eater
@Brown
Reaction score
Going to be in the area while it's on. Never been to a Nascar event and have little interest in car racing.

However it's the Daytona 500 and it's the only one I've even heard of. Is the atmosphere, food and redneck watching worth going for? Its not cheap.

Also I could snatch up one of those fashionable Nascar jackets. Think about the chicks I could pick up in it.

Hours of watching cars turn left, drinking Budweiser and listening to country music? Nope

And all these chicks you think you're picking up are going home with their brother

I've been to it and it's a fun event to see. I was a big fan at the time but my interest in NASCAR has dropped off considerably since then. I probably wouldn't go again. The track is 2.5 miles long so unless you get the more expensive tickets you really can't see the whole thing. I've always said as a motorsports fan that the best race for a casual that doesn't know or care about anything about the sport to go to is Bristol.

43 cars packed onto a half mile track in the middle of a football stadium on steroids is one of the best sporting experiences a fan can have.

1708bms_0028858-lg.JPG

So it's worth seeing if you can get a good deal but I don't think it's worth going to if you get shit seats and just go for the "experience"

I've been to it and it's a fun event to see. I was a big fan at the time but my interest in NASCAR has dropped off considerably since then. I probably wouldn't go again. The track is 2.5 miles long so unless you get the more expensive tickets you really can't see the whole thing. I've always said as a motorsports fan that the best race for a casual that doesn't know or care about anything about the sport to go to is Bristol.

43 cars packed onto a half mile track in the middle of a football stadium on steroids is one of the best sporting experiences a fan can have.

1708bms_0028858-lg.JPG

So it's worth seeing if you can get a good deal but I don't think it's worth going to if you get shit seats and just go for the "experience"
Thanks for the info. Kinda what I thought. Think I'll hit up an Orlando Magic game and a Tampa Bay Lightning game.

I never gave a shit about car races, but my brother was a fan years back. I agreed to go to a race. It was a byob deal so it wasn't expensive. It did get monotonous, but I wouldn't say I regretted going. The noises and smells were oddly kinda cool. People watching was fun. Have to say I enjoyed that more than the one NBA game I went to.

I never gave a shit about car races, but my brother was a fan years back. I agreed to go to a race. It was a byob deal so it wasn't expensive. It did get monotonous, but I wouldn't say I regretted going. The noises and smells were oddly kinda cool. People watching was fun. Have to say I enjoyed that more than the one NBA game I went to.
This shit is pretty cool

I went 30 years ago. It's probably not really worth going to anymore. You can watch it on television and online you can choose from many in car cameras.

NHRA races are like that as well. The smells, the noises, the ground shaking, etc. If you can go to one at night it's even better because they're faster and you can see the flames all the way down the track.

It should be a crash fest if the ARCA race and the Clash are good indicators. The cars are even more unstable. The Cup cars are going faster. The last few seasons the race has been a process of getting out front and blocking by changing lanes. With this season's changes, the cars are getting runs quicker and changing lanes makes them very unstable.

Back