David Tua got knocked down??

KimuraT15

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I must have missed it, it's incredible. Check this out.

I can't watch the Vid cuz I'm at work but I assume ur talking about the Barrett fight.

Yeah definitely a sad day for me (I'm a huge tua fan).

Tua claimed that he had a shoulder injury for that fight but, as much a I hate to admit it, I think tua is just too washed up. He is facing 2.2 million dollars in tax problems and is just fighting to collect the paycheck.

A rematch with Monte is scheduled in new Zealand in the coming months. Hopefully tua will perform better this time.

I can't watch the Vid cuz I'm at work but I assume ur talking about the Barrett fight.

Tua claimed that he had a shoulder injury for that fight but, as much a I hate to admit it, I think tua is just too washed up. He is facing 2.2 million dollars in tax problems and is just fighting to collect the paycheck.

A rematch with Monte is scheduled in new Zealand in the coming months. Hopefully tua will perform better this time.

Man..poor guy just can't get a break. I see now that the last round against Barrett cost him dearly as he was deducted a point and then knocked down. He would have won the fight otherwise and then probably would have gotten a title shot for a huge payday. I certainly hope he can still get his shot at the title soon even though he may be past it.

I just can't believe it. For years this guy was regarded as having the best chin ever in boxing. You can see the type of shots he could take in the video I posted.

Also if you're a Tua fan this video will sadden you:icon_cry2

Rahman put him on his but in their fight as well.. Was ruled after the bell but both were throwing at the same time and Hasim's landed first.

he is one of the nicest people you could meet. Humble

Why didn't his people get him a decent shot at a world title? He had one title fight against Lennox Lewis...

Why didn't his people get him a decent shot at a world title? He had one title fight against Lennox Lewis...

Lennox shut him down. In their fight, Tua just had no answer for Lewis's long reach.

After losing to Lennox, he kinda fought on but never really mounted another serious run at the title. Then he retired and now is trying to make a comeback. If he had beat Monte, I'm sure the Klitschkos or Haye would've offered him a title shot but then the whole knockdown and draw kinda ruined that.

Tua's main problem has been his plodding forward style. He lacks the agility and footwork of a Tyson/Frazier to get on the inside of taller opponents (like Lennox) and thus is unable to mount any serious offense against them. Couple that with the fact that he is getting older and is out of his prime, I don't see him beating Haye or the Klitschkos.

Hopefully he'll have a couple more fights, pay off his debts, and retire peacefully.

He was also knocked down by hasim rahman years ago. It didn't count as a knockdown, but he went down, and he lost that fight but stole a draw.

I never considered the Rahman balance flash kd a knockdown.

Back